Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HPAT and Medicine 2016**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Pretty sure it's the first one you get for free, I had made the mistake of buying this one -.-

Ah crap! I'll buy the 2nd one so just in case. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cianclancy

Someone just posted on the mature page that they got a score of 168 and this translated to the 73rd percentile, pretty sure this is almost exactly the same as last year so points shouldn't change much

Repeat leaving cert here, who retook the hpat again this year. I got 168 last year and it was the 76th percentile. So i assume the scores are just slightly up from last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Burgerking19

Cianclancy wrote: »
    Repeat leaving cert here, who retook the hpat again this year. I got 168 last year and it was the 76th percentile. So i assume the scores are just slightly up from last year

I think the percentiles spread across 4 or 5 scores so you were probably bordering 78th or it might have gone up slightly this year but I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FirstDraft1

Little over a month 'til our results - oh how I love the wait 😏😏

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

Little over a month 'til our results - oh how I love the wait ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Wonder if it'll all be worth it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 FirstDraft1

Wonder if it'll all be worth it..

Let's just hope 😇

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭studentforever

Hi everyone. I saw a couple of you posting on the matures page for HPAT results to get an idea of percentiles. So if it's in anyway helpful, I got 167 76th percentile. I saw someone had posted they got 168 73rd percentile so I don't know how that worked out but I can show my results in anyone needs assurances or whatever. Best of luck to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Hi everyone. I saw a couple of you posting on the matures page for HPAT results to get an idea of percentiles. So if it's in anyway helpful, I got 167 76th percentile. I saw someone had posted they got 168 73rd percentile so I don't know how that worked out but I can show my results in anyone needs assurances or whatever. Best of luck to you all!

What preparation did you do? How many weeks?

Congrats on the result!

I would love to say I did weeks and weeks of prep, but I'm doing a masters at the moment and had zero time. Total, probably like 20 ish hours over three weeks? To be fair though, I sat the HPAT last year, I have had a lot of life experience and section 2 was my best by far. I have a number of students going for medicine this year so I really do feel for you all.

What's the deal with whoever said they got 168/73rd percentile? Was that a score from a different year?

• Advertisement

I don't think so but today is the first day that I posted in donkeys. I'll throw up my results tomorrow if it will clarify anything. Although the person who posted their results are the only ones I've seen. So I have no real comparison to go on.

I don't think so but today is the first day that I posted in donkeys. I'll throw up my results tomorrow if it will clarify anything. Although the person who posted their results are the only ones I've seen. So I have no real comparison to go on.

Oh no I'm not doubting the validity of your results at all (congrats btw!). I'm just curious as to what happened with their results

God no I wasn't suggesting that at all! Just if anyone needs any piece of mind or anything I'm happy to post them tomorrow. Although my HPAT results say I was born in 1970 which is about 2 decades too soon so that was fun emailing ACER about.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 vladd25

Hi guys! I am trying to decide between RCSI and UCD, but I don't really know how the program works in RCSI. If there's an RCSI student around here I'd really want to know, what subjects are studied in 1st (not pre-med) and 2nd year. I was wondering how many hours of teaching there are every week, especially how many lab classes you have (anatomy, histology etc). Also, I was wondering what early-patient contact means in RCSI. Thanks a lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 alaandocs

Is it just me or am I more excited about the HPAT results than the Irish Papers. Best of luck to everyone T-15days

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr Murphy

I'm going to be doing my HPATs for 2017 medicine, does anybody know if i can use my English result from 2015 leaving cert just for matriculation purposes. Somebody told me that for medicine, English Irish and maths have to be done in the same year and can't use prior results for matriculation. I'll be repeating my leaving this year and don't want too do English as i'm not very good at it. Any advice is useful thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Heisenburg2015

yeah you have to, its a real sickener :'(

How's everyone finding the exams? It's getting scarily close now to D-Day.

Also, I'm still loling at the quite obvious spam for the Polish schools earlier on in this thread. Their info was helpful I suppose, I just thought it was hilarious that they tried to blend in as one of us haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9 wyoml

Anyone else feel sick at the thought of result and possible disappointment

I'm being a little pessimistic here I know, but I've kind of accepted it haha. I mean what are my chances of doing better than 75% of the people who sat it?

That seems insane to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭medhopeful16

I'm waiting to be crushed monday week but I'd rather be a mile off the mark than be five points away

Yeah I know how you feel...How did it go for you on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

I was 6 short last year and repeated it this year so hopefully it'll all work out! Any other repeaters here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Heisenburg2015

Theboybang wrote: »
    I was 6 short last year and repeated it this year so hopefully it'll all work out! Any other repeaters here?

yeah was two off, dreading Monday week!

Yeah I know how you feel...How did it go for you on the day?

I'm a first timer and I had time left at the end of section one but I thought that section three was way more difficult than any of the practice ones I had done. I usually have time left and have no problem with them but on the day I definitely guessed at least ten and almost ran out of time.

I'm a first timer and I had time left at the end of section one but I thought that section three was way more difficult than any of the practice ones I had done. I usually have time left and have no problem with them but on the day I definitely guessed at least ten and almost ran out of time.
    I was the exact opposite strangely enough (still having nightmares about that spinning puzzle question). Rather be in your position tbh seeing as Section 3 is only worth half of what section 1 is...oh well, only time will tell. Good luck with it!

I was the exact opposite strangely enough (still having nightmares about that spinning puzzle question). Rather be in your position tbh seeing as Section 3 is only worth half of what section 1 is...oh well, only time will tell. Good luck with it!

I had spare time but that means I rushed through the questions which probably led to mistakes. I particularly remember the 7 digit question draining my time so i just made educated guesses.The more I think about the worse I think I did but hopefully it will all turn out okay for us.

I had spare time but that means I rushed through the questions which probably led to mistakes. I particularly remember the 7 digit question draining my time so i just made educated guesses.The more I think about the worse I think I did but hopefully it will all turn out okay for us.
    Anyone know what time they'll get released at?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 alaandocs

Section 2 was my worst by a mile, still have my hopes up though so everything will go ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭15MrC

Anyone know what time they'll get released at?
    Last year was somewhere between 2am and 6am if I remember correctly.

Advertisement