Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Jobseeker's Benefit

Options
  • 23-06-2015 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

I've been out of the country for the past year and returned a few weeks ago. I'm only back for a few months and am staying with my mother as there was a recent death in the family and I'm helping her out.
    I previously worked here full-time for one year and part-time for three years (during university).
    I am now looking to get Jobseekers Benefit and I went into the office and got all the forms. Now, my question is, can I straight up tell them that I'm not looking for work as I'm only here until August? I feel I should be entitled to get the benefit as I previously worked here. Would saying that simply get my case thrown out? And, even if I do say I'm looking for work, can I still say I plan to leave in August?

Any info/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

You cant get JSB because your not a jobseeker and you probably don't have enough PRSI.
    Why do you think your entitled to taxpayers money while your on holidays with your family?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement