Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ANOTHER dog food question

• 23-06-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a 7 month old male cocker spaniel who has until now been eating raw food- natural instinct. Unfortunatly due to certain circumstances i have to change him to a dry food.

I was wondering on opinions on Origin/Acana or a UK brand i can get called Canagan.

These are the ingrediants and stuff of Canagan as i dont know if it can be bought in Ireland.

Freshly Prepared Deboned Chicken (26%), Dried Chicken (25%), Sweet Potato, Peas, Potato, Pea Protein, Alfalfa, Chicken Fat (3.1%), Dried Egg (3.1%), Chicken Gravy (1.6%), Salmon Oil (1.2%), Minerals, Vitamins, Glucosamine (1000 mg/kg), MSM (1000 mg/kg), Apple, Carrot, Spinach, Psyllium, Seaweed, Fructooligosaccharides, Chondroitin (700 mg/kg), Camomile, Peppermint, Marigold, Cranberry, Aniseed & Fenugreek. Analytical Constituents

Crude Protein 33.00% Fat Content 17.00% Crude Fibres 3.50% Crude Ash 9.00% Moisture 8.50% Omega 6 2.80% Omega 3 0.90% Calcium 1.86% Phosphorus 1.42%
    Nutritional Additives (per KG)

Vitamin A 16,250 IU Vitamin D3 2,400 IU Vitamin E 240 IU Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate 641 mg Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 577 mg Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate 141 mg Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate 46 mg Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 3.14 mg Sodium Selenite 0.53 mg

My main question is which food would be better? I have heard a lot of good things from Origen but the pet shop recomended the Canagan so now i am a bit lost. Canegan is cheaper by about 50% but i would have to feed about a third more then Origan.

Price is not really a issue as i just want the best for him.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well it's a bit light on the meat content by comparison but it's far from bad in terms of what's in it; you could look at Taste of the Wild which is 80% meat but should be noticeable cheaper then Acana.

Advertisement