Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know if Eircom will move my internet/phone socket to another room?

Options
  • 23-06-2015 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello. Recently had a phone line & internet connection installed. Have since found where the socket is located in the kitchen I cannot get a wifi connection to my pc. I have it connected by ethernet but it's a fairly long run & the signal is still not very good. Download of only 20-30kbs. On Skype last night & the video was awful, the sound barely any better. Anybody know if Eircom will come out to move the socket? Alternatively, anyone know an engineer in the Roscommon area who might do it please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello. Recently had a phone line & internet connection installed. Have since found where the socket is located in the kitchen I cannot get a wifi connection to my pc. I have it connected by ethernet but it's a fairly long run & the signal is still not very good. Download of only 20-30kbs. On Skype last night & the video was awful, the sound barely any better. Anybody know if Eircom will come out to move the socket? Alternatively, anyone know an engineer in the Roscommon area who might do it please?
    Hi Irishhatter101

Unfortunately eircom do not arrange socket relocations. A Local electrician can do this for you and it's really not a big job. Before you do contact an electrician have you considered getting a WiFi extender? More details here: http://www.eircom.net/accessories/homeplugs/

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irishhatter101

Hi Alan. 

Thanks for your reply. Hadn't really considered your suggestion, will give it some thought, but if it's as simple a job as you suggest I might look for an electrician first. I'm not really too technically minded.

Regards,

Geoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Alan. 

Thanks for your reply. Hadn't really considered your suggestion, will give it some thought, but if it's as simple a job as you suggest I might look for an electrician first. I'm not really too technically minded.

Regards,

Geoff.
    No problem Irishhatter101

It's your choice. Yes moving a socket would not take too long :)

Al

Advertisement