Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I'm not playing factorio

I'm playing through Halo: Combat Evolved.
    Oh the nostalgia!! :D
    At first I didn't think there had been much of a graphics upgrade but then I switched to the old graphics....:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is Halo: Combat Evolved the first game?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yep. The master chief collection is being released in the story's chronological order so CE is the second to be released after the prequel Reach but was the first halo ever made.

Yeah the first released.
    All the way back in 2001/2002.

Got it with my original xbox and played it to death.

Remouad wrote: »
    I'm not playing factorio

Wait what, there are other games!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Got through a few scenarios on Frostpunk and ive seen enough to move on.
    Stellaris next - Christ t sucked me in for the last two hours messing about and it seems massive. Dont know much about it to be fair...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

HERESY!

Nothing exists outside the world of Factorio!!

jaxxx wrote: »
    HERESY!

It's a rabbit hole I can't go down because I'd be stuck in wonderland forever.

Same reason I haven't played World of Warcraft or Skyrim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

HERESY!

Speaking of Factorio and Heresy, I've just realised I want a factory/systems game set in warhammer 40k.

Basically, building a forge world.

Waheeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

0Zji8zz.png

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Got through a few scenarios on Frostpunk and ive seen enough to move on.

I was the same. Loved it initially and then never picked it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

hey guys looking a looooong deep game to eat up a few hundred hours if things get bad over the next few weeks/months.

recommendations?

froog wrote: »
    hey guys looking a looooong deep game to eat up a few hundred hours if things get bad over the next few weeks/months.

recommendations?

Witcher 3

froog wrote: »

recommendations?

Skyrim
    Witcher 3
    Phantom Pain
    Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Monster Hunter World
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Dragon Age: Inquisition
    Divinity: Original Sin II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Borderlands 3 as well as above can't believe nobody mentioned it yet. I have put over 123 hours into it so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Any Paradox game. Learning them alone takes weeks.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Cities skylines. I've put in a couple of hundred hours into that.

Eh, Factorio obviously :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not a suggestion, but I'm playing Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Of course, it works as a time consuming game as well with the amount of crap there is on the map

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not a suggestion, but I'm playing Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Of course, it works as a time consuming game as well with the amount of crap there is on the map

Loved that game. The end of Ezio's story.

Has literally the greatest trailer ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just glad you have more freedom to move in this one. I remember Brotherhood had guards on a lot of rooftops so couldn't run across them without getting involved in a chase that puts you far from where you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Started playing Shadow of War last night.

Feels less visceral than its predecessor, like the orcs are made from paper or something.

Factorio people:

Why are my blue inserters (blue box) constantly stalling, not picking anything up, to the degree that my burners (yellow box) are not smelting anything?

UyVaLyS.png

Surely there's a factorio thread?

Getting to the end of A Plague Tale, nice little game with a decent story more so that brilliant game play.
    Gets a bit weird towards the end

• Advertisement

Factorio people:

Why are my blue inserters (blue box) constantly stalling, not picking anything up, to the degree that my burners (yellow box) are not smelting anything?

Could be one of a couple of things, but one thing I noted is that you've mixed copper and steel ores together. I suspect it might just be that you're getting "deadzones" of copper in a furnace expecting iron?

Grabbers maintain a level of 5 of fuel or components in machines, so if it's after loading 4 iron in and all there is directly in front of it is copper, it'll sit idle until more iron arrives.

I generally have totally separate production lines for steel and copper so furnaces only get one type of ore.

I just started up one there and it's not finished yet but I've it arranged like this:

3gfpS6D.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Battlefield 5. Wow. What a fun shooter. Dice still know how to make them.

I've realised a few errors. Well annoyances in how the game works. I wanted my production to be a loop so any surplus would go back around and be grabbed again. You can't really do this. You need to have dead ends like in your one there. What you can't see in my screenshot is that everything is moving. The inserters don't like taking things off a moving conveyor belt it seems. It works at low levels of production, but once it ramps up, they stall. I see what you are saying with the furnace being half full with an item but that isn't an issue since all the resources required are passing by. I need to separate resources like you have done.

I've realised a few errors. Well annoyances in how the game works. I wanted my production to be a loop so any surplus would go back around and be grabbed again. You can't really do this. You need to have dead ends like in your one there. What you can't see in my screenshot is that everything is moving. The inserters don't like taking things off a moving conveyor belt it seems. It works at low levels of production, but once it ramps up, they stall. I see what you are saying with the furnace being half full with an item but that isn't an issue since all the resources required are passing by. I need to separate resources like you have done.

I'm just getting back into it so I'm having to relearn some techniques, but I remember now one thing you can do is make carousels to help normalise resource flow, so rather than having complete chains of conveyors everywhere, I tend to have smaller loops of production, large circular conveyors like a ring road (essentially my factory's M50), and then I use the lifters to switch between each of the loops.

In programming terms, I see it as akin to having modular programs vs doing one big string of spaghetti code.

I usually only ever mix products onto one belt immediatley before they go into a machine, so I've a gear module that takes plates, and that will produce all the gears for my factory, and one offshoot will join a stream of copper plates to make T1 research material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Just started Ori and the Will of the Wisps, nice looking game and good atmosphere as expected.
    Not sure the HDR is working though, my TV can do it, but windows I'm not sure it's doing as it's supposed to. E.g. I changed my setup from duplicated 2 screen display to only showing on the big screen TV and it had black borders on the left and right when the game was set to 1080p, so not so sure the HDR settings are correct either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Remouad wrote: »
    Surely there's a factorio thread?

there is one:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90240866

Gbear wrote: »
    Could be one of a couple of things, but one thing I noted is that you've mixed copper and steel ores together. I suspect it might just be that you're getting "deadzones" of copper in a furnace expecting iron?

Grabbers maintain a level of 5 of fuel or components in machines, so if it's after loading 4 iron in and all there is directly in front of it is copper, it'll sit idle until more iron arrives.

I generally have totally separate production lines for steel and copper so furnaces only get one type of ore.

I just started up one there and it's not finished yet but I've it arranged like this:
    I saw that and now I have some sort of gaming equivalent to stress disorder:( Never have more than 1 item type on the same side of a belt!

Anyone picked up Comanche? Released today on early access for €15, 25% launch discount from €20. PVP attack chopper shooter, though there will be a singleplayer as well at some point. Nice graphics and gameplay seems interesting. Tempted, though I want to wait till there are some decent volume of reviews first. Only 4 at the moment, all positive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Recently purchased Fallout 4 and all of its DLC. Haven't played it since its launch window, and that was on Xbox One. Looking forward to playing this version now that I have a PC that's now somewhat in bloody date.

Mods, ultra settings, Nexus Vortex installed - looking forward to playing it.

I saw that and now I have some sort of gaming equivalent to stress disorder:( Never have more than 1 item type on the same side of a belt!

I've since realised you basically have to do this which is kinda annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Fian

Path of exile releases a new league this evening at 9.

this is a free to play Diablo 2 type game. There is no pay to win but you pay to buy cosmetic enhancements for the way your character or hideout looks, which are entirely unecessary, or to buy extra storage in your stash for items, which is essential.

Try it and if you like it (and you will) buy a currency tab and some premium stash tabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Fian wrote: »
    Path of exile releases a new league this evening at 9.

this is a free to play Diablo 2 type game. There is no pay to win but you pay to buy cosmetic enhancements for the way your character or hideout looks, which are entirely unecessary, or to buy extra storage in your stash for items, which is essential.

Try it and if you like it (and you will) buy a currency tab and some premium stash tabs.

v2 release date yet? Must pick it up again last build sucked out when I got to mid tier maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Battlefield 5. Wow. What a fun shooter. Dice still know how to make them.

Sorry if it's not the place to post but if you or anyone else is up for a bit of squad play hit me up ID: CZZZECH prefer mostly Counquest/Breakthrough both BF1 and 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Recently purchased Fallout 4 and all of its DLC. Haven't played it since its launch window, and that was on Xbox One. Looking forward to playing this version now that I have a PC that's now somewhat in bloody date.

Mods, ultra settings, Nexus Vortex installed - looking forward to playing it.
    Make sure to set it to not auto update.

Having to update mods every few days is a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

djan wrote: »
    Sorry if it's not the place to post but if you or anyone else is up for a bit of squad play hit me up ID: CZZZECH prefer mostly Counquest/Breakthrough both BF1 and 5 :)

I have you added on Origin.

• Advertisement

Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
    What a beautiful little game. Im a sucker for these cutey games. Lovely graphics, nice sound, good gameplay. Whats not to like..:D

Going to reinstall FFXV as well, stopped playing soon after starting for some reason, will give it another go now that the pubs have shut:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Having so much fun with State of decay 2.never played it before but saw the juggernaut edition was only just released and its on xbox pass

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

KilOit wrote: »
    Having so much fun with State of decay 2.never played it before but saw the juggernaut edition was only just released and its on xbox pass

The first one was good, I'm gonna have to play the second one with my week off now haha

Just into Chapter 3 of the Witcher 2.

Took me 5 attempts over the last couple of years to get into it having found the combat very inaccessible at the start. Now I can't understand why cos I find it very fluid.

Brilliant game in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just into Chapter 3 of the Witcher 2.

Took me 5 attempts over the last couple of years to get into it having found the combat very inaccessible at the start. Now I can't understand why cos I find it very fluid.

Brilliant game in fairness.

I'm like you though I haven't gone back to it. I really should.

I rushed through for the story. Its great.

I'm like you though I haven't gone back to it. I really should.

I made it to the Flotsam Town Square all 5 times and just couldn't seem to get stuck in from there. I started The Witcher 3 and made it to a conversation where you have to answer questions about your choices/story from W2 to set the background. I made myself go back to W2 because I didn't want to leave the gap in the story. I took the time to read up on combat/combat prep and then did one quest, then another, then another.

30 hours later I'm nearly finished it and thankful I went back because I've enjoyed it and my mild OCD won't flare up when I get stuck back into W3 without a back story from W2.

What a beautiful little game. Im a sucker for these cutey games. Lovely graphics, nice sound, good gameplay. Whats not to like..:D

Going to reinstall FFXV as well, stopped playing soon after starting for some reason, will give it another go now that the pubs have shut:(

Im completele stuck in Ori at the moment. Ive palyed alot and have a lot of area uncovered but have no idea where to go next, I think i might be missing a skill to get me to the next area but ill be damned if I can find it. I think the same thing happended to me in the first game, got stuck and gave up.:(

Finished Halo CE.
    My nostalgia had merit as it was quite enjoyable

Was wondering what to play next and this pushed me in the direction me of the Ori and the Blind Forest.
    Been a while since I've played an platformer. Enjoying it so far but not fully invested yet.

• Advertisement

Any suggestions for games to play with the GF while we're stuck in doors? She wouldn't be a gamer at all. She used to be into platform games back in the day. I was thinking Hat in Time so far.

Advertisement