Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What games have you been playing lately?

1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Satisfactory is good. Its a lot slower paced than most other automation games I've played, and the first person view makes it unique enough. Very relaxed game, and after 17 hours I just copped that it's leaving ea and 1.0 is dropping on Sept 10th, which changes a few things and adds a story, so stopping now and will start again when that lands.

In the meantime, Black Mesa is just under a fiver, so that should tie me over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PLayed the new wow expansion the war within, levelled a few characters to max level as leveling is super fast now, nice expansion but as with the last few expansions i feel i have enough after a few weeks.

Space Marine 2 was always on my rader and wow it doesnt disappoint, might be my GOTY so far.

Campaign is brilliant, operations and pvp modes are great if like me you enjoy grinding progression of your characters.

I also jumped into Wayfinder recently and its a great game now.

Combat is excellent and and like SM2 above if you enjoy character/class progression with excellent combat you will enjoy wayfinder too.

It has a huge amount of content too.

Satisfactory 1.0 dropped last week. Put in a story and made uses for those weird things you could collect with no use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

has to be the most addictive game ever made

Have it running on Crossover for Mac on m3 pro better than PC, some reason was getting stutters on a 4060

I'm averaging 55-60fps on the 3060, but only after seeing a video of the game I realised I'm not getting some graphical features, such as the clouds being pushed away when using the space elevator. Still looks great though even with the small bits of tearing and stuttering, but I'm only after unlocking oil so long way, and lots of moving parts, to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

For some bizzare reason I was getting 110fps average BUT during fights or when building foundations it would drop to 10fps which as would imagine is annoying, the same didn’t happen when I had early access, so it’s something recent for sure with 1.0 (I tried DX11 too)

Tried lowering graphics settings but same

On MacBook Pro m3 getting consistent 80-90fps in meantime

Eitherway great game 😄 ridiculously addictive

Yeah, it's actually massive, but I love it can be rushed or taken at a slow pace. Did get a sinking feeling when unlocking Tier 5/6 because it's gonna take a lot, but I'm enjoying the exploration and just letting those stacks build 4 per minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Was playing Warcraft expansion the last few weeks but as previously I think I'm done with warcraft again for a long time. Picked up Gotham Knights as it's on Gamepass and really pleasantly surprised with this. Reviews I thought were not great but so far this is very decent and id definitely recommend giving it a try.

Post edited by Glebee on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

FFS, despite its flaws I was really enjoying Gotham Knights, log in earlier and the fcuking thing has left Gamepass. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Forever Winter has a pretty good atmosphere. Started it last night and had fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement