Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

96FM v RedFM

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seems both are claiming victory in the JNLRs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

gimmick wrote: »
    Seems both are claiming victory in the JNLRs anyway.
    Haven't seen the actual figures but I can't tell the difference between what they're both claiming. Both seem to say they have the most listeners for every show throughout the day. There must be some subtle difference, one for the county or city, or in a certain age group or something.

Edit: Results are available here.

Looks like RedFM wins for under 35s and 96FM everything above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Which ever age market each station is ahead in they generalize and then they spin it too sound like everyone listens too that station

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

According to this Red are ahead in overall daily figure.Dont know what KC was on about on Twitter saying they were ahead with everything.PJ and Nick still ahead in the morning.

KC show - 41k
    Nick Richards - 49k

PJ Coogan - 73k
    Neil P - 64k

http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/jnlr-2015q2-cork-listenership

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Do 96 not bring the 103 numbers too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

yes they do.

How much programming is shared between them though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

What is staff morale like in both of the cork stations now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

prefer PJ coogan to Prendeville, also sunday nights for the 80s music on 96fm.

That said I listen to the local stations in Limerick a lot as I'm only a blow in to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I used to listen to Red FM because I just couldn't stomach Prendeville when he was on 96FM. Once he moved, I changed to 96FM, or Today FM. Red FM is finished, as far as I'm concerned. I just cannot understand how people can listen to the trash that guy goes on with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

red fm is awful, anything that happens on the ridiculous prendercille show is them made out to be the top story in the news,

The ironic thing is red fm would be a better station without prenderville and his complete **** programme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

But its only since np joined that their numbers have increased substantially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Red Fm were being hammered by 96fm in the mornings before Prenderville and KC came to the station.

true, but some people believe it or not might actually listen to red fm other shows and not for the wanker prenderville.

I listen to 96fm in the mornings but red fm in the afternoon at work, could not tolerate prenderville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

TBH - Both stations are utter sh!te. I did listen to 96fm going to work as the traffic news is something I would be interested in. Now - I don't even listen to that! The Secret Sound is getting right up my pipe now - has no-one won that money yet and put us ALL our of our misery???

4FM is the best of an awful bunch musically. Newstalk or dead silence for me! :D

truth is the only reason the radio is on at all is so that I dont have to listen to others gossiping about mundane ****

Advertisement