Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental properties in Limerick

• 23-06-2015 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Is it just me or is there a serious lack of rental houses in the Limerick area?just been given 28days notice to move out our landlord has went sale agreed on the house,fuming to say the least but sure thats his decision nothing much on daft for our budget and thats even upping it by an extra 200e a month bringing it u to 900e,feeling scared im gunna be left on the street with a 1year and a small dog things are gone very bad :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya it's shocking bad and the prices are ridiculous. There needs to be something brought in, some kind of rating that forces houses to be a certain charge and no more. You have basic 3 bed houses with E and F rating BER and the landlords are looking for between €800-€1,000.

Last year a few friends went looking to rent places and there was waiting lists to even view. Most the time they didn't even get the chance to see a place and it was gone.

House prices are shooting up again, houses sold in my area for 140,000 a year ago are selling for 200,000 this year. It's forcing people to rent and the rent up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

The reality is so many people loosing their home dues to foreclosures and seizure by the banks forcing people back into the rental market which drives the prices sad but true...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I remember listening to The Last Word in 08 or 09 and there was a guy on saying we had and were going to have a housing shortage. Of course this sounded silly and everyone laughed but his point, which has been well proven by now, is that in the boom there were lots of the wrong types of houses built and alot in the wrong place too.

I don't know how many ghost estates there are in Limerick but I'm guessing not that many, if any, and the construction collapse stopped accommodation being built for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

Really struggling to find somewhere my head is wrecked looking and its only been a few days of searching :( if anybody knows anyTHING please please pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Posted a similar thread last month

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057427293

I'm still looking for somewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement