Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Freezer

Options
  • 23-06-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭

So, I stupidly signed a lease for a place and didn't realise there was no freezer. (Assumed the press underneath was but alas no).

Is it worth asking the landlord to go halves on a small one? It would be a major inconvenience to do without I have to say.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I believe it's a requirement that landlords supply a freezer and not just an icebox?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Archaeoliz

Going halves might raise the question of what happens when you leave. You could ask the landlord if they'd get one, or if they don't object to you getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thanks for the responses folks.

Theres a weird indent in the basebof the fridge and part of it is removable butnim pretty certain its not an ice box. Couldn't find any links saying it was mandatory.

I'd gladly let him keep it after the tenancy to be honest as I wouldn't make this mistake again. The extra planning for meals and extra trips to supermarkets would drive me mad.

I'll have to do my research.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

noodler wrote: »

Theres a weird indent in the basebof the fridge and part of it is removable butnim pretty certain its not an ice box. Couldn't find any links saying it was mandatory.

I'd gladly let him keep it after the tenancy to be honest as I wouldn't make this mistake again. The extra planning for meals and extra trips to supermarkets would drive me mad.

The requirement for a fridge freezer is listed here

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stheno wrote: »
    The requirement for a fridge freezer is listed here

Read the other requirements to make sure nothing else is missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

noodler wrote: »

The wierd indent might be for a salad drawer, they're normally at the bottom of the fridge and slightly less than the depth of the rest of the fridge. The step at the back is usually where the compressor fits.

The property should have a fridge and freezer or fridge-freezer. This is covered in section 8,2(c) of the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations 2008. http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2008/en/si/0534.html

Advertisement