Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take on average to walk the length of Tramore beach

Options
  • 23-06-2015 11:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

Did it once before , I cant remember how long it took me. 2 to 3 hours I'm guessing?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

When I say 2-3 hours I mean and back aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

It would take <90mins to the end of the beach and back again at low tide. If you walk around the spit and come back via the Back Stand rthen it would take 2hrs because of the soft sand and mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i have a walk out there that takes me the bones of 2.5hrs. that includes a route through the sand hills and a break on top of the baldy man(fantastic view). this also includes walking around the spit and back up the back strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Guramoogah

It takes as long as you like, that's the beauty of such a long strand

Shouldn't this thread be in the Waterford County sub-forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

God, I hate that walk up the back strand! The muck! The smell! It's a killer on the legs.

Nice sea birds though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Too long. Seems like a good idea at the time, then you're only half way there and realise if you quit now its like walking half way to Mordor and turning around.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

God, I hate that walk up the back strand! The muck! The smell! It's a killer on the legs.

Nice sea birds though.

i find the back strand an interesting place. nice change from the main beach.
    Too long. Seems like a good idea at the time, then you're only half way there and realise if you quit now its like walking half way to Mordor and turning around.

hahaha thats not a long walk at all. ive done many 8/9 hour walks and i know others that have done much longer. its a fantastic walk. lovely beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

It's around 10k to do the full circle. I clocked it on my phone one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Its about one and a half hours to walk down around the sand dunes and back up the beach. Its an excellent walk, i did it alot when i was trying to lose some weight and the pounds just fell off me

Advertisement