Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction work at night

Options
  • 24-06-2015 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what/where the noise of diggers/trucks etc is coming from in the Blacklion area? Has only started in the last hour or so. It's very noisy and irritating, especially at midnight, midweek!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Jammyc wrote: »
    Anyone know what/where the noise of diggers/trucks etc is coming from in the Blacklion area? Has only started in the last hour or so. It's very noisy and irritating, especially at midnight, midweek!

Maybe they are sneak building mcdonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yeah noticed that last night as well, wasn't sure where it was coming from, thought it might be from the harbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Apparently it was hay being harvested on the farm behind Applewood. I'm known nothing about farming so could someone explain why it has to be done at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

There's a chance of light rain later, it probably all needed to be brought in yesterday/today. With the amount cut those crews sometimes work all hours to get it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Jammyc wrote: »
    Apparently it was hay being harvested on the farm behind Applewood. I'm known nothing about farming so could someone explain why it has to be done at midnight?

It was a silage harvester and attendant tractors and trailers, they had finished the field at the top of the Farrenkelly road and moved to Blacklion. They started sometime around 7.30 pm and as you noted were not finished till round midnight. It appears the tractors had quite a long haul which meant the harvester had to wait for them from time to time which would prolong the job.
    As has been said these jobs have to be done when the weather is on side so every now and again others can be inconvienced..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Those pesky farmers :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

I think the op should visit the " When townies get mixed up" thread!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057450515

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I think the op should visit the " When townies get mixed up" thread!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057450515

That thread is an eye-opener! haha

Advertisement