Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work scene in Boston

Options
  • 24-06-2015 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

whats the work scene like in boston at the moment,construction wise?

appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I don't know about Boston but New York is booming. Lots of big new supertall developments going up including Hudson Yards which is like a mini city in itself.

If you are currently in Ireland, the biggest problem is getting a visa...win the green card lottery, have a company sponsor you or marry an American are your only options really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 John from ennis

no not in Ireland,also not single..... im in south america. i will fill out that lottery thing in a while for the craic. cheers for the heads up on new york. money is good i take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

money is good i take it.

yep - but cost of living is high to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

yew_tree wrote: »
    I don't know about Boston but New York is booming. Lots of big new supertall developments going up including Hudson Yards which is like a mini city in itself.

If you are currently in Ireland, the biggest problem is getting a visa...win the green card lottery, have a company sponsor you or marry an American are your only options really.

New York is booming? That's great to hear. I've just got my green card (DV Lottery) & will be off to NYC at end of Aug.
    Have you any advice for how I should go about getting a construction job as fast as possible after arriving? Or any job, to be honest. I just want to start working as quickly as possible.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Or any job, to be honest. I just want to start working as quickly as possible.
    Thank you

Hit the bars in the Irish sections of Queens or The Bronx.

Check the Irish Echo - http://irishecho.com/this-weeks-classifieds/

And of course, Craigslist - http://newyork.craigslist.org/ you can click on the different boros to narrow things down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Wexford96 wrote: »
    New York is booming? That's great to hear. I've just got my green card (DV Lottery) & will be off to NYC at end of Aug.
    Have you any advice for how I should go about getting a construction job as fast as possible after arriving? Or any job, to be honest. I just want to start working as quickly as possible.
    Thank you

Go up to Gaelic Park of a Sunday...you'd never know who you'd run into who will point you in the right direction

Advertisement