Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays in October

• 24-06-2015 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and the OH are looking to go away for a week in October. Somewhere nice and hot with a nice beach and a few bits to do.
    Outside of Australia.
    Im finding it hard to decide on somewhere that will have nice weather around that time.
    Leaving from Perth.
    Any suggestions? Mauritius was suggested but I was quoted $1500 each for flights alone! :eek: Have been to Thailand and love it but worried about the weather at that time of year.

Thanks, :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

If you're feeling adventurous, Sumba, if you're not Bali. Both still in dry season in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Boracay seems to be fairly amazeballs from what I've been told.

It's not much cheaper at $1300/head each for flights.

Bali is the cheap and cheerful option......but its Bali.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

hi, i don't have a specific answer but recently i spent a few days trying to do the same and ended up choosing Bali.
    What I did do however was google direct flights from perth as I reckoned a multi leg journey eats into the holiday a bit much if you just have a week, ended up with around 40 destinations served directly, once you remove the Australian destinations it cuts the list down considerably, we ended up with a shortlist of Thailand, Hong Kong and Bali, in the end we ended up with Bali but that was due to some other issues/considerations but it was a toss up between Thailand and Hong Kong there for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

I'd be going for either Hoi An, Lombok or Mauritius from Perth.

Scoot and Air Asia both have sales on til June 30.

Bali is so meh nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Tiger Airways
    Perth to colombo maybe $350 Each way.
    Sri Lanka is nice....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Sri Lanka is amazing and you could finish off the holiday with going to the Maldives which is next door. Absolute paradise :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

thanks all for all your info.
    Bali is out, been there before and it just wasn't my cup of tea!

we are thinking now if we don't go in oct maybe we will just go somewhere at xmas and spend a bit longer wherever we go. Boracay is definitely on my list. Has anyone here actually been? is it like Thailand where you can just rent scooters and away you go happy out? that and a stop over for a night or two in manila would be nice.

sri lanka is also on my list but a travel agent told me the weather wasn't so great in oct.

Advertisement