Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time for a gpu upgrade

Options
  • 24-06-2015 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Lads im currently running 2x7970s and was wondering if there is anything out there that can better the performance for 500 euro(ish)..

Monitor is a 1440..

The new card will be going on water so there is no need for fancy fans and super dooper cooling just want a quality gpu without the frills..

I've been out of the loop for a while so have no idea what's out there these days...

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Unless the Fury or Fury Nano somehow outperforms two 7970s id say that's as good as you're gonna get, especially at that price point

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

A single 980Ti would be a reasonable amount better than 7970 Crossfire. It's whether you want to switch from AMD to Nvidia.

Fury is out today, AMD have posted their results stating it to be slightly better than the 980Ti but I wouldn't trust that until there's user reviews.

IMO the options are either of those two. I'd wait a week to see how Fury actually fairs.

They're both around $650 USD so it's whether you want to push the budget a little bit more, but i'd recommend it personally if you're looking to run 1440p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

irishmover wrote: »
    A single 980Ti would be a reasonable amount better than 7970 Crossfire. It's whether you want to switch from AMD to Nvidia.

Fury is out today, AMD have posted their results stating it to be slightly better than the 980Ti but I wouldn't trust that until there's user reviews.

IMO the options are either of those two. I'd wait a week to see how Fury actually fairs.

They're both around $650 USD so it's whether you want to push the budget a little bit more, but i'd recommend it personally if you're looking to run 1440p.

Nice one...I`ll keep an eye out on the fury so...
    id rather stay with AMD

Thanks for the heads up..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fury is out tomorrow I believe, 2x7970s isn't as strong as I initially thought, so yeah Fury is likely a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Fury is out tomorrow I believe, 2x7970s isn't as strong as I initially thought, so yeah Fury is likely a good bet

Nice one....
    Yeah the 2x7970`s were great in the day but they have served me well..

• Advertisement
Advertisement