Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet options in my area?

Options
  • 24-06-2015 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Could you help me with figuring out what options might be available to me with getting some form for internet into my house.

I live in the village of Castledermot, Co Kildare and I can see on the rollout map that eFibre is in the ‘Commenced’ bracket(see screenshot)…what does this actually mean in real terms?

Also, as things stand without efibre what kind of speeds could one expect in the area today? Could an engineer do a speed test from my house to see what was viable for instance?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello,

Could you help me with figuring out what options might be available to me with getting some form for internet into my house.

I live in the village of Castledermot, Co Kildare and I can see on the rollout map that eFibre is in the ‘Commenced’ bracket(see screenshot)…what does this actually mean in real terms?

Also, as things stand without efibre what kind of speeds could one expect in the area today? Could an engineer do a speed test from my house to see what was viable for instance?

Thanks.
    Hi SoupyNorman

Anything marked with a blue icon means that efibre will be launching at that cabinet in approx 2 months. Orange icons mean that the cabinet is planned for this location and an approximate launch of the proposed cabinet is not available (although within a 12 month timeframe would be fairly reliable). Each cabinet serves up to a 2Km direction on a specific route.

We can usually off an indication of what speeds a line can hold but there really does need to be an old line at the premises so we can check the cable path - or ideally a working line.

I might be able to offer you an indication of speeds to expect based on your area so if you would like to PM me your specific address I'll be happy to look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Hello,

Thanks.
    Hi SoupyNorman

Anything marked with a blue icon means that efibre will be launching at that cabinet in approx 2 months. Orange icons mean that the cabinet is planned for this location and an approximate launch of the proposed cabinet is not available (although within a 12 month timeframe would be fairly reliable). Each cabinet serves up to a 2Km direction on a specific route.

We can usually off an indication of what speeds a line can hold but there really does need to be an old line at the premises so we can check the cable path - or ideally a working line.

I might be able to offer you an indication of speeds to expect based on your area so if you would like to PM me your specific address I'll be happy to look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al
    I dropped you a pm.

Hello,

Thanks.
    Hi SoupyNorman

Thanks

Al
    I dropped you a pm.
    `Thanks for you PM SoupyNorman

The nearest planned cabinet to your location is CDT1_005 - this is approx 1.8 to 2Km away from your area. Ultimately we cannot forsee if a cabinet will server your line efibre until the cabinet itself launches however if it does the fastest speeds it will offer is approximately 8 to 12Mb due to distance deterioration of speeds. I'm sorry I can't offer more concrete info right now.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Ok, thanks.

Ok, thanks.
    Happy to help SoupyNorman

Thanks for posting

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement