Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Business Degree ITB

• 24-06-2015 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    Has anyone done the Business L6,7 and 8 in ITB? If so how did you find it and did you get a good job after it? I am considering doing a business degree part time and Blanch is the closest to me. My number 1 choice was D.I.T or DBS but it is going to be very difficult for me to get to them on time. Is Blanch just as good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

My personal opinion about all Business Degrees (I've done mine in ITB, part time as well some time back) is that they're all pretty much useless in our day and age.Unless you want to do an MBA, and even then you can proceed into it from a different degree background.

It's a great subject, and you learn a lot trough it, but it doesn't get you as far as more sought after disciplines do.

Jobs wise (for the jobs available to Bus. Degree graduates) you're in tough competition not only with Business Degree graduates, but also with graduates from other disciplines in a lot of cases (I've worked in recruitment).

A degree in IT for example, opens more doors when it comes to finding a job, because of the numeric and statistical ethos that's associated with this discipline.With an IT degree you can apply for business office jobs (sales,admin,operations,HR etc), as well as IT related jobs. This gives you a higher chance of scoring a better job in the long run. The only offset is that you have to like IT.

What ever you do tho, don't apply for an Arts Degrees ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 irishmiss17

I have no interest in I.T unfortunately :( I wish I did. I expect that I will have to do an MBA at some time in the future as the way it's going these days a degree is not enough to get very far in any field. I am considering the HRM degree in DIT also

Advertisement