Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend PT near Sandyford?

• 24-06-2015 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hey good folks of fitness!

I just joined a gym for the first time (Ben Dunne Sandyford) and I'm keen to learn how to lift weights properly (along with all the other gym stuff but weight lifting in particular), I signed up in Ben Dunnes for a PT to get in touch with me but from what I hear the in-house PTs rarely call people back SO can anyone recommend a PT who would come to Ben Dunnes in Sandyford with me and show me the ropes for 4-6 sessions?

Totally new to this world so sorry if this post is ridiculous!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

The guys in there are quite good though.

I wouldn't see the problem in giving one a call and arranging a session?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Taylor365 wrote: »
    The guys in there are quite good though.

I wouldn't see the problem in giving one a call and arranging a session?

I was under the impression that you couldn't really 'call them', that you had to just add your name to that mental long list at the desk...

fartyarse wrote: »
    I was under the impression that you couldn't really 'call them', that you had to just add your name to that mental long list at the desk...
    Hmmm..I've never used them but i thought i saw a few posters inside with details for each trainer. I'll have a look later tonight and let you know.

So was in yesterday evening and they have individual numbers on there posters.

Who gave the impression of a 'mental long list'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Taylor365 wrote: »
    So was in yesterday evening and they have individual numbers on there posters.

Who gave the impression of a 'mental long list'?

I saw it. a4 clipboard at the front desk. List the length of my arm full of names waiting for callbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

fartyarse wrote: »
    Totally new to this world so sorry if this post is ridiculous!

Nothing ridiculous about that at all, it's better to do a little due diligence.

Here's a few in no particular order, I work from BHAF so I see some on a daily basis...hence the bias.

Robert Lynch (Body Health and Fitness)
    Eoin Walsh (Strength for Life - BHAF)
    Aidan Kilgannon (AK Fitness - BHAF)
    Dominic Munnelly (Crossfit Green)
    Niall Byrne (Gourmet Fuel)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

cmyk wrote: »
    Nothing ridiculous about that at all, it's better to do a little due diligence.

Here's a few in no particular order, I work from BHAF so I see some on a daily basis...hence the bias.

Robert Lynch (Body Health and Fitness)
    Eoin Walsh (Strength for Life - BHAF)
    Aidan Kilgannon (AK Fitness - BHAF)
    Dominic Munnelly (Crossfit Green)
    Niall Byrne (Gourmet Fuel)
    this guy also - http://www.blog.irishfitness.ie/about-colin/

we all deal with clients that come to us for their programming which they can use in a commercial or home based gym

Advertisement