Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sidegate - Recommendations

Options
  • 24-06-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend someone/business to replace a wooden sidegate which is rotted and falling down?

Looking for supply and fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

We just recently used this guy, very happy overall.
    Arrived on time and was finished within an hour.

http://brendanswan2.wix.com/the-side-gate-man/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend someone/business to replace a wooden sidegate which is rotted and falling down?

Looking for supply and fit.

Interested in this myself.

I did email link not working, its the same as above about a year ago and other things came up which prevented me getting the gate. He seemed reasonably priced and informative. He was also supply and fit but you supply the dimensions. Not sure if he pays a visit to verify

Probably will go back looking myself this summer

He just asked me over the phone to measure from wall to wall and then did a little trimming of the frame when he got here.

Also asked me if I would like an arched top to the door, which I did, so he cut it there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Had Brendan out last Friday - very happy with a sturdy, well made gate. So a thumbs up from me!

Just need to varnish or paint the damn thing now!

I used wood stain, get it done sooner rather than later. The timber is treated, but best to slap on a couple of coats of stain / preserver as soon as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Another recommendation for The Sidegate Man here, I painted the gate with the Fence life (checked with them it was ok to use) even though it was treated

Advertisement