Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruined Holiday - Please help

• 24-06-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are looking for information on a man who has flew to Naples airport from Dublin airport. He got a bus to Sorrento. When the bus stopped in Sorrento, all the luggage was taken off. Instead of taking his own bag, this man took my sisters. They looked very similar. My sister is now missing all of her clothes, shoes, glasses (she has very bad vision without them) and an expensive hair straightener. There is no identification on his bag or on ours. This man has an Ulster rugby jersey and Lansdowne FC shorts. He has made no contact with the bus company. If you have any info, please contact me.

My sister is so so so distraught and upset. She had saved up so much money for clothes over the past couple of months. It's heartbreaking to see all her efforts gone to waste. My mam and dad have been raving about Sorrento for years and they were delighted when they finally saved up the money to go to this place. Unfortunately, nobody is enjoying this holiday, everyone is worried and upset about her bag. We don't know what to do, we've done everything we can. Please, if you have any info on a man that travelled to Naples/Sorrento on Monday, please message me. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Try ringing Aer Lingus.
    Perhaps he may have called them trying to track down his own bag, and he may think the mix up happened earlier? I'm sure he's every bit annoyed his own clothes etc... are missing!
    It doesn't seem malicious as the bags were similar.
    If anything, always have some contact details on or in your luggage.

Hope your sister can enjoy the holiday as best she can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 JesseT

Has she tried to open the bag and check if there is an idea inside, is there no Aer Lingus bag tag on it from check in / bag drop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Losing your luggage is a right pain in the ass no doubt OP, but it seems disproportionate to let it ruin the entire holiday for all concerned.

Everything can be replaced, possibly with the exception of the glasses. On that one, why was your sister not travelling with the glasses in her possession? Checking those in strikes me as a little odd if they were such a necessity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Posts deleted. Thread closed.

Easier said I know: It does sound like everything in the bag can be bought again, whereas a holiday and it's memories <- not so much. Try & Enjoy what's left of the holiday :)

If anyone has helpful info, Please pm the op.
    Thanks,
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement