Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nottingham - Rock City

• 24-06-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody ever been to Nottingham Rock City ? looking to head over for a gig in November, The roundhouse is another option.
    Is it a good venue??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I went there in 1988 with Acid Reign and Virus after they played nearby.
    A few floors and bars if I remember, there was a local band playing but it was late and I was full of cider.
    Nottingham is beautiful, lovely town square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I saw FNM in the roundhouse last week, easily one of the best venues I have been too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Heard Nottingham Rock City is a good venue but have never been,the city itself is great though and food and drink,accommodation costs are severely more reasonable than London.

I can speak for the Roundhouse,superb venue which is easily accessible from the Chalk farm tube station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Anybody ever been to Nottingham Rock City ? looking to head over for a gig in November, The roundhouse is another option.
    Is it a good venue??

Out of curiosity, who are you going over to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

frag420 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, who are you going over to see.
    killing joke UK tour oct/nov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

They are both very good, iconic, gig venues in lovely cities. It does really boil own to cost Vs what you want to do outside the gig. Nottingham will be cheaper and is comparable to Dublin in vibe (IMO), London is expensive but it is London (i.e. amazing).

London will probably be a LOT more expensive, flights, travel to/from airport, accommodation, food and even travelling around will all be markedly more than Nottingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I used to go to Rock City regularly back in the day. We used to get coach loads and go on a Friday from Birmingham for their rock nights, then Edwards in Brum on a Saturday. Last gig I went to here was Poison aorund 91/92 (Richie Kotzen was with them then). Loved that place

Advertisement