Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to Spain with 3 Pre Pay?

Options
  • 24-06-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

With 3 network and want to know what's the best way of using the phone for a week over there?

3 rates look expensive
    Calls received 6.15c
    Voice calls to Ireland 23.37c
    Voice calls to Spain (other members of family) 23.37c
    Texts 7.38c per message
    Data roaming 24.60c per MB

Would I be better getting Spanish Sim cards when I get over there and
    use them over there instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

okidoki987 wrote: »

Yes, but when you go to get the sim pack bring your passport for registration. Went with Movistar, myself and was grand for few days and 400mb of data, worked out about €17 I think. movistar.es

There is another company which is on same network and has better data package, name escapes me just now.

Also, make sure your device is sim unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Get a 3 UK Prepay Sim with £15 credit , Amazon UK Sell them and avail of their free roaming to several countries , I used around 25 gb in France Last Summer and the same in Florida in January, and will do the same in Spain this month.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Adapters-Preloaded-minutes-Unlimited/dp/B00ABJ0WA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435316126&sr=8-1&keywords=three+15

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

okidoki987 wrote: »
    With 3 network and want to know what's the best way of using the phone for a week over there?

3 rates look expensive
    Calls received 6.15c
    Voice calls to Ireland 23.37c
    Voice calls to Spain (other members of family) 23.37c
    Texts 7.38c per message
    Data roaming 24.60c per MB

Port over to Meteor pre-pay. They have the best roaming rates. 50MB per day for 99c, or alternatively EUR14.99 for a 1GB add-on for use within 30 days. You also get free incoming calls when roaming in Europe, and 400 free texts when using the MyMeteor app.

Advertisement