Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filtering

Options
  • 24-06-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody can help with a problem I am having using Excel.

I am working from two different tabs in the first tab it has every account listed and the account has several transactions.

Now in my other sheet I have these accounts filtered to a certain heading that I want to look at where they only transact once.

My problem is I am going back to the first tab and copy and pasting these accounts from the second tab beside the column that lists every account on tab one.

On the right I have the 200 odd accounts from the tab I have filtered. On the left I have 800+ accounts and every transaction so could be 3200 transactions e.g. 800 accounts and 4 transactions each account.

So each of the 200 accounts I copied in will transacted three or four times on the left hand column and that's fine.

What I want is to filter out any account on the left hand column that doesn't appear on the right hand column.

If anybody could help I am lost.

In my

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

Check out the ISNA and MATCH functions.

The formula will be something like:
    =ISNA(MATCH(A1,B:B,0))

If the value in A1 is an exact match for an item found in column B then the result is TRUE otherwise FALSE.

Advertisement