Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Backup Software

Options
  • 24-06-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any recomendations for some good backup software? I'm looking for something where I can point it at set of folders where it can then do nightly differential backups, ideally encrypted, and with the option to store the backups either locally or something like OneDrive/Amazon/FTP/Etc. Thought I was sorted with Duplicati but while that seems to do great on the backup side the restore looks to be a cluster**** so I've no faith in it at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

rdiff-backup on linux - can do incremental and snapshots
    JohnK wrote: »
    Anyone got any recomendations for some good backup software? I'm looking for something where I can point it at set of folders where it can then do nightly differential backups, ideally encrypted, and with the option to store the backups either locally or something like OneDrive/Amazon/FTP/Etc. Thought I was sorted with Duplicati but while that seems to do great on the backup side the restore looks to be a cluster**** so I've no faith in it at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Crashplan should suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

rdiff-backup on linux - can do incremental and snapshots
    Sorry, should have specified I'm using Windows 7
    Crashplan should suffice
    Thanks, will take a look at that

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm a crashplan sub, its slow for the first time backup but after that its all peachy.

TNO, runs on server OSs and unlimited.

Advertisement