Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Magic Mouse Stopped Working

Options
  • 24-06-2015 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have an apple wireless magic mouse that came with my iMac. Basically the mouse stopped working where I can connect fine, I can move the pointer about the screen fine but the gestures and click do nothing. The mouse is out of warranty and apple couldn't help me.

If the mouse was dropped a couple of times or thrown around I would bow down and pick another one up but for 79 quid they can F*%K themselves.

I looked after the mouse very well and it looks brand new. I wouldn't use the iMac more than a couple of hours a week and the batteries are good.

Has anybody had this happen to them before or can somebody help me in getting this sorted without having to shell out 79 euro for a mouse that literally worked one minute and didn't the next.

also I have tried this with my macbook pro and the same outcome.

cheers,

Max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Seems a bit unusual alright...is there any dirt around it?

As a workaround, try downloading BetterTouchTool. It'll allow you to use taps instead of clicks so you're not completely stuck. It'll also tell you if it's picking anything up from the mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

Zcott wrote: »
    Seems a bit unusual alright...is there any dirt around it?

As a workaround, try downloading BetterTouchTool. It'll allow you to use taps instead of clicks so you're not completely stuck. It'll also tell you if it's picking anything up from the mouse.

great thanks I will try this and see how I get on.

No the mouse is literally as new. Hasn't been dropped and has no marks on it. It's very bizzare to work one minute and stop the next for no apparent reason.

I can also hear the click then I press the top of the mouse so all appears good.

Advertisement