Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AerLingus Promo-Codes / Gold Circle

Options
  • 24-06-2015 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

Has anybody any Aer Lingus Promo Codes?

I checked this morning on there web and flights were ' X ' price I used a link and flights reduced in price by EUR 130 just wondering does anyone have any other promo codes or how do you get them.

How can you become a member of the "GOLD CIRCLE" to avail of discount codes etc.

Think I saw a post a year or so ago when someone posted an email they got as they were a member of the Gold Circle.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

EI promo codes tend to discount the base fare only, i.e. with the tax element excluded.

That often equates to a very modest saving tbh, so you generally can't count on a code making any great difference to the price you end up paying. Curious as to the link you used btw - was that €130 reduction on a single flight?

Gold Circle members aren't bombarded by promo code offers btw - they're emailed very occasionally and often pertain to discounts on plus fares. Indeed the programme at the base level offers a fairly poor return for frequent flyers, though at the top tier of there are useful benefits like complimentary tickets for partners & a few upgrades on TATL services over the course of the year. Anyone can join GC as an applicant, but you then have 12 months to post 2400 points to your account to attain the base level of membership. Their low fare options don't accrue points, so it can be tricky to attain / retain membership for many folks.

Remember too that if IAG jump the last couple of hurdles currently standing in their way (EU / Ryanair), GC will be subsumed into the Avios program. There are many more opportunities to earn & redeem with Avios, so that may be a program worth looking at.

Advertisement