Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needing suggestions for windows tablet encryption...

Options
  • 24-06-2015 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Looks like I could get some good work use out of a basic windows tablet ( 2Gb, 64Gb, atom, 10" )

I'd like to have the data encrypted. Given the limited storage and processor power, how would y'all suggest I go about this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

What would you like to have encrypted - some folders or the whole system?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I'd settle for either :)

Since starting the thread I've come across suggestions that bitdefender is included as standard in Win 8.1 with Bing ( versions of this are put on low end windows tablets ).

Hunting around, I see some of the files associated with this on such a tablet but cant figure out how to configure the functionality ( no mention of it on the top layer control panel menu ).

Judging by some of the remarks on Microsoft support sites ( & also some Youtube clips ) I'm far from alone in this.

Would be grateful for any suggestions on how I should progess .

Advertisement