Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatcha Playing? June/July 2015 Edition.

Options
  • 24-06-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

After reading the equivalent of this topic in the PC Gaming forum, I thought it would be a good idea to widen the scope to cover all bases. We haven't done one of these for a while. :o

PC

Cities Skylines - I like it, but finding it a little bit inaccessible. I need to give it a proper go (i.e. longer than 15 minutes!)

Claptrap DLC for Borderlands Pre-Sequel. For some reason, the missions are all level 30-31 and I'm still level 26. Not really fair... :(

3DS

Xeodrifter - Nice Metroidvania game by the guys who made Mutant Mudds. Really enjoying it. Short though - nearly finished it. Still an excellent game.

Wii U

Splatoon Splatoon Splatoon.... Nintendo's best new IP in years.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Lovely game, and finding all the chests is HARD.

Mobile

One More Dash. I have about 50 missions done in it. Not sure I'll see out all 200, but it's a ridiculously moreish game that lives up to its title. (Link)

You Must Build a Boat - on the last mission of my 2nd playthrough, and I'll probably still do a 3rd. (Link)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

For probably the rest of June/July, I'll be playing:
    Batman Arkham Knight
    Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
    Tales from the Borderlands / Game of Thrones (depending on release dates)

Can't see me playing much more than that. Might even try to platinum either DMC4 or Batman.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Too many games

Witcher 3 ps4
    Steins gate vita
    Dying light ps4
    Farming simulator ps4 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

For PC - Just started playing Fallout New Vegas (with lots of lovely mods - Project Nevada is exceptional!)

Wii U - Splatoon all the way! So much fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This week ill mostly be playing...

League of Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    Kirby Triple Deluxe
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Three different types of games so I can switch from type to type and not get bored.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

PS4: Bloodborne
    WiiU: Splatoon
    3DS: Super Monkey Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

been missing from gaming for nine months some amount catch up on :( ps4: batman arkham knight gta5 the witcher and small bit call of duty advanced warfighter

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

PC

Payday 2
    FSX (with FSpassengers/ PM-DG)
    Race 09
    Zero Hour America's Medic

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Too much Splatoon.

Yet, oddly, not enough Splatoon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Destiny on PS4, so addictive that game.
    Little bit of Lego Marvel Superheroes on PC with the kids, tons of content in those Lego games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

PC
    =====
    - League of Legends
    - Splinter Cell Blacklist (went to buy it in Steam Sale..turned out I already owned it but never played it)
    - Hitman Absolution (same deal as above)

Mobile
    =====
    Pokemon Red (GBA Emulator)

PS3
    =====
    Gran Turismo 6
    Batman Arkham City
    inFamous 2
    Wolfenstein (downloaded last night on sale...will start today)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

PC

Heroes of the Storm: Not really into MOBA's but this one isn't too bad.

Supreme Commander 2

Elite Dangerous: Pew Pew!

Ps4

Batman Arkham Knight: Absolutely fantastic game so far

Destiny: Just a little bit but with all the controversy I can't see myself playing much more.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dota 2
    Splatoon
    Cities Skylines

That's about it really. Will probably jump back into GTAV at some point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Splatoon, mostly. May try the Nindies-at-home promo games at some point if I get bored, but when a man is bored of Splatoon he's bored of life...
    Marvel : Future Fight on my phone.
    Mario Tennis Open and Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Supreme Commander 2

The first one is better. Check out http://www.faforever.com/

Hit me up if you wanna have a skirmish.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Number two ranked in Europe is Irish actually. He's in a lot dominatant FAF casting videos. I can have him add you if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

GTA V, PS4

Got it for 360 when it first came out, and I liked it, but the frame rate was bugging me, so traded it in when the PS4 version was announced.

Just picked it up recently, super-smooth frame-rate now, much better, also enjoying the first-person mode, I find it more immersive (just use it for character, still use 3rd-person for driving).

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Il definitely check this out and hit you up when im up and running in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

FarCry 4.... To be honest it's like pulling teeth, but I hate leaving games unfinished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

L.A. Noire
    FFVII
    A Piano

If i finish LA I'll move onto finishing far cry 3. Pulling teeth is an apt idiom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

L.A Noire is brilliant game, really enjoyed it... Actually wish there was a bit more content tho.. might go back and play all the DLCs

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Witching it up on the Xbox and playing through Wolfenstein: The New Order on PC. Still dealing with a crippling Hearthstone addiction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

XBOX 360:

Assassin's Creed Black Flag - Freedom Cry.

GTA V.

Tales from the Borderlands.

XBOX ONE:

Forza Horizon 2.

Wolfenstein: The New Order.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

PC: Morrowind and ESO

PS4: Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 BenHK

Since the start of May I've completed Monument Valley, LiMBO, Rayman Legends, Valiant Hearts and Super Meat Boy.

The last Nintendo console I owned was the Gamecube back in the day so I thought I'd catch up on all the titles I missed over the years this summer.

Thus far I've completed New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country Returns (absolute kunt of a game in relation to difficulty) and Super Mario Sunshine.

I've just started the Metroid Prime Trilogy last night so we'll see how that goes. After this I'll be doing the Mario Galaxies, Pikman 1+2 and then the Legend of Zelda games....OOT, MM, WW, TP, and SS. Then the Paper Mario series. Not sure about the Kirby games although I worshipped him as a child....

I already have The Witcher 3 downloaded and managed to get in 30 mins as well as Batman Arkham Knight (although that seems to be MIA on PC for now). All that will have to be done over the summer too before the clusterfvvck of a holiday season comes.....where to find the time?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Aimead

PC: Morrowind, The Dark Mod, Europa Universalis 4.

Still trying to do a world conquest as the Ryukyu Islands and still getting my ass handed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

PS4: The Witcher 3, GTA V.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Dragon Ball XenoVerse - Only played an hour or so, but it's fun, though not as good as the likes of Budokai 3. Still, it motivated me to watch Battle of the Gods so the nostalgia is doing its' job!

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - I don't play as much as I did, but I still log in for dailies. The first Tavern Brawl was great, this week's not so much. Game is still great, just needs more cards IMO.

Heroes of the Storm - My first MOBA, apart from a failed attempt at Smite with friends. I only started playing this to get the Hearthstone card back, but I can see myself sticking with it. I just unlocked Sylvanas and she's pretty fun to play as.

Mortal Kombat X - I think I've reached the end of the road with this, which is a real shame as I loved MK9 and especially Injustice. I really enjoyed the story, but it was over too soon, and there just aren't enough people online at the moment to keep the multiplayer alive. I'll probably still try the Predator when he's released.

Ryse: Son of Rome - Blasted through this in two sittings. The graphics are wonderful, the gameplay and story not so much. Ballistas didn't work that way, Crytek! It's a solid rental/€5 in a Steam sale.

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - It's a technical marvel, and the bits of the story I've got to have been good. Even the side quests have neat little twists in the tale. The world just feels so alive, compared to many other RPGs. Can see myself sticking with it for awhile, even if levelling feels slow so far. Gwent is brilliant as well.

I was going to be playing Arkham Knight, but as a PC player....yeah. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

PS4 - Mainly been playing Destiny. After taking a break for a couple of months I dived straight back in when House of Wolves was released. I have Arkham Knight to play too and I'm about an hour into that. The very first Riddler puzzle has left a sour taste in my mouth though.

VITA - Terarria mostly. It is a nice game to play while commuting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Thief on PS4. Early days still but still feel that the gameplay so far isn't great. Movement and combat feeling very sluggish.

Hope. It picks up.

Advertisement