Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College/Gaming rig.

Options
  • 24-06-2015 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? Flexible. Roughly around the 1k+ mark.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video editing, 3D rendering, game streaming/footage capture, gaming (including current & upcoming AAA releases).

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? No (current monitor is a 54" Sony Bravia).

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080. No.

6. Do you need any peripherals? No. New mouse might be nice though.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not initially.

8. How can you pay? Credit card/Laser.

9. When are you purchasing? Around September of this year.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin North/City Centre (It's been 8 years since I built my current PC but should be fine).

Additional information: Starting a film production course in September. Need a machine mainly capable of handling all elements of tv & film post production including high end 3D rendering (Mainly after effects to begin with, but possibly something like Maya down the line).

It's been such a long time since I've done a build I'm a little bit unfamiliar with a lot of the hardware out there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement