Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer trying to change my Job title/Description

Options
  • 24-06-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice.

I was hired under a certain job description and under my job description, I am entitled to a van as part of my employment along with lunch allowance etc.

Two months ago, they issued myself and two others a different employment details to what I was hired under along with a different job title. Both of which are equated to entry level positions within the company and the title would make my job look less skilled.

We refused to sign them but they have changed our job description in a company system to that one anyway.

They are now saying that our vans and lunch allowances are under "scrunity".

The company has changed focus in recent years and in theory the original job I was hired for I do not perform anymore. I am also being asked to do things not outlined my contract but could be asked to do in "unusual circumstances". Currently , they haven't hired a full time staff member to do this task since someone left over a year ago.

I feel as if they are trying to essentially force a lower job description on us and then take away our contractual privileges as a result as it is cheaper than making us redundant.

We are not part of a Union and this is a Multi National Company.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

This looks like your original roles are redundant.

If they announced that your role was redundant would you take the redundancy if offered or are you more interested in negotiating the benefits for your new role?

Do you need a van to complete your work, if so how could they take it away from you?

Advertisement