Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplex Teak Windows & Doors Treatment

Options
  • 24-06-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Who knows the best professional supplier of this service in the area? My windows and doors need doing badly. I was waiting for Petra to 'front-up' but that looks highly unlikely.

Any direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mjmorrisroe

So that's a big fat no then...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

If it's a duplex unit then the management company SHOULD take care of the varnishing.
    As a duplex owner, you own the space between the walls only...the walls, windows and window frames are owned by the management company so it's their responsibility to get them varnished.
    Only thing I can think of that may be stopping them is if you haven't payed your management fee......
    This is my experience anyway...rules may vary depending on what part of Charlesland you live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

If it's a duplex unit then the management company SHOULD take care of the varnishing.
    As a duplex owner, you own the space between the walls only...the walls, windows and window frames are owned by the management company so it's their responsibility to get them varnished.
    Only thing I can think of that may be stopping them is if you haven't payed your management fee......
    This is my experience anyway...rules may vary depending on what part of Charlesland you live in.

That is not the case in Grove/Park.

BM Durkan didn't include a reserve for exterior maintenance in fees...made it easier to sell his houses. Owners are responsible.

Two coats of Sadolin teak and one coat of clear is the recommendation. Petra can confirm i.e. the new agents.

Advertisement