Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Clongriffin Dart

Options
  • 24-06-2015 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi

I have to commute from Drogheda to Dublin on a daily basis for the next few months and I am looking for somewhere to park at a Dart Station.

Portmarnock is €4 per day but it is often full.

I see Clongriffin is free with an underground carpark and they call it "Park and Ride" but I cannot find out what this means.(ie: are there conditions to parking there for free)

Is there a catch to this, is it safe to park there, are there spaces there in the morning and do you have to register or something?

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Dublin County North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

It's paid unfortunately.

If you get the "Park By Text" app, its E3 per day, E8 per week or E30 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

DJMG92 wrote: »
    It's paid unfortunately.

If you get the "Park By Text" app, its E3 per day, E8 per week or E30 per month.

is this a recent change?

according to Irish Rail it is "free (at present)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

Riskymove wrote: »
    is this a recent change?

according to Irish Rail it is "free (at present)"

I presumed it was paid as it appears on the ParkByText app as a paid car park! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,602 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's still free as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

DJMG92 wrote: »
    It's paid unfortunately.

Actually it is not listed as a location on the park by text app. (at least not as Clongriffin) I went in there the other day nd there are some signs saying free parking but other giving instructions about how to pay etc. hence my confusion.

Principally however it seemed quite isolated and there were no CCTV camera I could see.
    I just wondered why Portmarnock is always full and this one is a few KMs away and seemed almost empty. Odd if Portmarnock is a pay park and this one is free.

Has to be a catch.

And all the info on ianrod eireann etc suggests it is still free.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

probably a bit out of the way but you can park in howth harbour for free and get the dart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My son used to park in Clongriffin station but without fail every car he parked there was interfered with, so he's stopped using it. He drives a few more KM's to another station and parks in a housing estate close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dublin13

clongriffin station underground is free to park in. I've parked there many a time and no issues with my car. and my friend has parked there a few years now, no issues. I've moved from the area but i only parked there about 2 weeks ago and was still free to park.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

Dublin13 wrote: »
    clongriffin station underground is free to park in. I've parked there many a time and no issues with my car. and my friend has parked there a few years now, no issues. I've moved from the area but i only parked there about 2 weeks ago and was still free to park.

Agreed. It is free.
    I parked there 2 weeks ago. I noticed that Gannon has a security car driving around the estate and parking periodically so hopefully the issues experienced by people in this thread have diminished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Really sorry to dig this up but what is the current situation with parking at Clongriffin Dart Station?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement