Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers in poland (warsaw)

• 24-06-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30

I will be attending the poland v ire game in warsaw next october with my brother and his partner who is very fussy and will only drink bulmers, My question is would anyone know if the local bars would sell bulmers or magners as its called in other countries? Thank you in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Never saw it for sale myself but an Irish pub over there might have it but I tend to stay away from them.

They are really loving their own cider at the moment due to the huge surplus of apples they have due to the Russian embargo. Might be worth asking them to try one of the Polish ones.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Been to Poland a few times and I've never seen it anywhere. As suggested you might get it in some of the awful Irish bars out there but you'll pay about 1.5-2 times the price compared to local bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

They shouldn't be allowed leave the country if all they'll drink is Irish Cider. Travel is supposed to broaden the mind. Will they only eat Bacon and Cabbage too?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Will they only eat Bacon and Cabbage too?
    Should be able to get by in Poland on that, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

BeerNut wrote: »
    Should be able to get by in Poland on that, in fairness.
    Yeah realised that just after posting, but still!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

DarrenG wrote: »
    They are really loving their own cider at the moment due to the huge surplus of apples they have due to the Russian embargo. Might be worth asking them to try one of the Polish ones.

I doubt someone who only drinks Bulmers is into trying proper cider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Just remember it's called Magners outside Ireland. If you get Bulmers it will be a an English cider.

enda1 wrote: »
    Just remember it's called Magners outside Ireland. If you get Bulmers it will be a an English cider.
    OP already mentioned it's called Magners abroad. It's also an english cider though, just made to the same recipe as Bulmers here.

Effects wrote: »
    It's also an english cider though, just made to the same recipe as Bulmers here.
    :confused: Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

enda1 wrote: »

Seems to be the case alright, but I have seen it in big weird yellow bottles labelled "Bulmers" in eastern Germany.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    :confused: Link?

I don't have a link. Spoke with them via email years ago about it. The woman I contacted was at pains to say it's the same cider, just made in the UK, so it's not different.

Seems to be the case alright, but I have seen it in big weird yellow bottles labelled "Bulmers" in eastern Germany.

Probably this one?
    bulmers-cider-beer-online-1351813120.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have the same issue when I travel, I am allergic to beer and stout and trying to find cider is a nightmare.

it's the same cider, just made in the UK, so it's not different.
    I understand it's the same cider, just named differently, because Heineken owns and uses the word "Bulmers" in the UK (as in the picture you just posted). C&C calls it "Magners Irish Cider" so they would have to put a notice on their advertising saying it was made in the UK if it was.
    magners_logo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Similar, but I'm pretty sure it was this version. Apologies for the size of the fecking thing, no idea how to scale it.

bulmers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I doubt someone who only drinks Bulmers is into trying proper cider.

They may have no option but to try something different ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have the same issue when I travel, I am allergic to beer and stout and trying to find cider is a nightmare.
    but is that allergic medical or allergic not like the taste (of metallic tasting gassy fermented grain soup, that passes for beer in Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My question is would anyone know if the local bars would sell bulmers or magners as its called in other countries? Thank you in advance,
    Is the partner not going to bother going if there is definitely no bulmers/magners? Just curious about the reason of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Similar, but I'm pretty sure it was this version. Apologies for the size of the fecking thing, no idea how to scale it.

Which is a totally different product to Magners "Bulmers" at this stage

HP Bulmer owned half of Magners (founded by a Mr Magner) and licenced it the name for ROI only. That licence is all that remains as a connection now.

From an email I received yesterday:
    Dear Steve

Thank you for getting in touch. Magners Irish Cider is made here in our factory in Clonmel in Co Tipperary in Ireland. This is where we also make Bulmers Irish Cider that is sold in the republic only.

I hope this answers your query.

Kind regards,

Carmel

Carmel Behan
    Consumer Relations
    C&C Group Quality
    C&C Group PLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭28064212

From an email I received yesterday:
    Dear Steve

Thank you for getting in touch. Magners Irish Cider is made here in our factory in Clonmel in Co Tipperary in Ireland. This is where we also make Bulmers Irish Cider that is sold in the republic only.

I hope this answers your query.

Kind regards,

Carmel

Carmel Behan
    Consumer Relations
    C&C Group Quality
    C&C Group PLC
    That refers to these two ciders (same cider, different names; produced by C&C Group plc):
    353773.jpg353774.jpg

Those are unrelated* to this cider (produced by HP Bulmer Ltd):
    353775.jpg

Ok, not totally unrelated, as the two ciders were started by the same person, but they're owned by two different companies now, and have no current relation to each other

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 15 07Twain07

I think you should visit New Orleans. They have pretty rich choice of alcohols. They will have cider's for sure. They serves also great food and drinks :) I was there few times on a business meeting,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 danieltroll

I am by organizing the buissness event in warsaw and i would like to make some event in this club. Do u think that will be good ?

This thread is about Bulmers, the drink and I can't see any reference to any club as such. It's also pretty old and obsolete so I'm going to lock it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement