Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail for run

Options
  • 24-06-2015 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a park, Forrest or other trail that I could take a squad of young players for a light jog.

Looking for a fun way to kick off pre-season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the woods up by clogrennan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

We use to run from the rugby club out the barrow track and go for a swim out in knockbeg the aim was the ball wasn't let drop and a player couldn't hold it longer than 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There's a woods in Castledermot that's great for runs.
    I haven't been in years mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks all. I will check each.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The wood outside Castledermot (on the Kilkea road) would be good, on the righthand side as you go towards Kilkea. There's a rath in the middle with an amazing view, so it would probably appeal to youngsters.

• Advertisement

at the windy gap outside stradbally theres another wood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks all.

Clogrennan could be the winner as it suits location wise, I am checking it out this evening. Although Castledermot does sound very interesting.

Thanks all.

Clogrennan could be the winner as it suits location wise, I am checking it out this evening. Although Castledermot does sound very interesting.

its just up past the limeworks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

maccored wrote: »
    at the windy gap outside stradbally theres another wood
    Oughvale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

I think Oak Park is the best for trail for a run. Numerous different paths or routes you can take to make a 5k or 10k.
    I have a 5k route mapped out on my Garmin I can post it here later.

Edit here it is. From car park, include island loop, keep to left to include the top of the "8" and do the bottom of the "8" again.

fnb800.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 meathrunner

Looking for a trail run to do some hill training in Laois, would this be suitable? Also are there other people out walking & running there at weekends and is it easy to find your way around?

I'm female & would be running on my own, maybe with a dog, not particularly nervous but dont want to be somewhere too isolated on my own either!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Some people run in the Woods at the windy gap on the N80 just outside Stradbally . Emo court would be a good place to run but it is fairly flat .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Kilkea as mentioned above would be good. It's not mega tough but nice and lots of different tracks to take

Advertisement