Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic - Private hire to genuine campervanner in need... ?

Options
  • 24-06-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm a former campervanner - sadly had to sell my van a couple of year back when the kids outgrew the alcove. It was an old Hymer Camp 55 - I miss it!

I've got my tickets for Electric Picnic booked and now I'm staring down the barrel of CAMPING. In a TENT. I'm not sure I can hack it (pretty sure the wife won't)

So if there is any campervan owner who fancies making a few quid for the Electric Picnic weekend, renting to a genuine campervanner who will treat your van like my own... please let me know.

All references possible - feel free to talk, meet, visit me at home, meet my aged grandmother - whatever it takes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Looking at other threads, it seems that all the camper van tickets are sold. I doubt you will get any takers on here anyway. Apart from the insurance invalidation issues I don't think anybody on here would part with their pride and joy to a stranger whatever the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SourKraut

Well one kind person has contacted me by PM already so maybe you're underestimating people :)

Having said that, if there are insurance issues I wouldn't expect anyone to run that risk.

As far as the campervan tickets go - I found it easy enough to pick one up the couple of times I brought my own van. The campervan area is huge now, they could sell loads more if they wanted to.

SourKraut wrote: »
    Well one kind person has contacted me by PM already so maybe you're underestimating people :)

Having said that, if there are insurance issues I wouldn't expect anyone to run that risk.

As far as the campervan tickets go - I found it easy enough to pick one up the couple of times I brought my own van. The campervan area is huge now, they could sell loads more if they wanted to.

I'm glad you are getting sorted. You should have kept the Hymer and got rid of the kids!! Your trip to electric picnic might get you back into camper vanning!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

SourKraut wrote: »

I've got my tickets for Electric Picnic booked and now I'm staring down the barrel of CAMPING. In a TENT. I'm not sure I can hack it (pretty sure the wife won't)

Dont do it! Jeez saw the mess those campsite's get into by end of weekend. Phew! unless going up-market to the pink or blue tents. Did camper last and will be there this time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Does anyone know will I be able to fill water tanks on site or should I fill up before arriving?

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Does anyone know will I be able to fill water tanks on site or should I fill up before arriving?

I read somewhere else in here that there is no water there so arrive already full.

Advertisement