Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate payments on statement

Options
  • 24-06-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Looks like I've been billed twice on at least 2 occasions in the last two days for the same product . Like it was duplicated using my visa debit 
    Can you pm me 

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If it was Visa Debit it actually probably didn't bill you twice. The online system is not directly synchronised to the core banking database, so BoI jury-rigged a system in to make payments appear online as soon as they come in. This has the unfortunate side effect of making payments appear twice, but I'm not sure if the balance reported is correct or not. A very bad technical decision on their part, and one that causes customers a lot of unnecessary worry! Any chance one of the payments has a POS label beside it and the other doesn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Looks like I've been billed twice on at least 2 occasions in the last two days for the same product . Like it was duplicated using my visa debit 
    Can you pm me 
    Hi rodneyTrotter, 

Thanks for the post.

I'm sorry to hear your payments have duplicated, has this since rectified on your account. 

If not this may be a case of shadow posting and will resolve on your account within 3 - 5 working days.

If after the 5th working day the duplication has not resolved, please contact BOI Direct on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 and a colleague will happily look into this for you.

Janette

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I noticed an error in my explanation above: it should say temporarily appear twice!

Advertisement