Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying C for Salmon help.

Options
  • 24-06-2015 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I am wondering about spinning for salmon with flying c.Where do I cast in the river and what retrieve and depth?I know my brother asked about flying c with a pier rod or something and about a follow,but I would like a reply with helpful tips.

Has anybody fished the Bandon river below the innishannon bridge with a flying c for salmon or fly for sea trout?

Tight Lines to everybody,
    MadDog1999

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vermin99

Never fished the Bandon but have fished the nore in kilkenny plenty of times spinning.Ideally after a flood when the river is dropping the spinning is ideal.For me I cast over to the far bank.Under trees seem to be a good spot.As I said cast out then count for 3 seconds for a few casts.then 5 for the next few and so on .I spin in a slow and then jerky kind of way.When your getting near your bank slow it down In case theres one following it. I find if you set up the bank like a semi circle and work your way around you cover all the spots. Don't be afraid to chop and change colours of your lures as some could work great one day and nothing the next. I'm no expert by any means but this method seemed to do the trick for me a few times, good luck !

Advertisement