Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5C iCloud Qt

• 24-06-2015 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have an iPhone 5C. Previously I had an iPhone 4.
    The 4 got smashed and then i got the 5c. Not all the photos and contacts auto transferred to the 5c. Even though I had the iCloud.

I now need to delete some items to increase the storage.
    I noticed that my old and new phone are listed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

i wouldn't be deleting anything of iCloud yet, you might need it.
    Did you back everything on iCloud?
    Any chance you had a 16gb iPhone 4 and got a 8gb 5c?
    Do you still have the iPhone 4, you say it got smashed but does it work at all? Otherwise a backup via iTunes may be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

flyguy wrote: »
    i wouldn't be deleting anything of iCloud yet, you might need it.
    Did you back everything on iCloud?
    Any chance you had a 16gb iPhone 4 and got a 8gb 5c?
    Do you still have the iPhone 4, you say it got smashed but does it work at all? Otherwise a backup via iTunes may be an option.

I can't seem to see what is in my iCloud.
    No I had 8g 4 and now 16g 5c

It's driving me mad. I just can't figure out what us in my iCloud. My major issue is as I don't have a laptop so I can't synch to iTunes. iPhone 4 is gone was replaced by Insurancw.

Thanks for posting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not sure I understand you, but I assume it's the iCloud backups you are seeing.

Settings/useage

I can't see the photos in the library here.

• Advertisement

C, but in my photos there are 690 photos. I don't know why these won't all appear in my iCloud. I suspect I've doubles in my iCloud but I can't see what's in my cloud to know this. Looks like I'll have to buy more storage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Your photos would be in the Photos app. From the looks of it you have iCloud Photo Library enabled or did so at one point. If so, this means all your photos are been synced with iCloud. The easiest way to confirm that this is working correctly is to log into iCloud.com on a computer and see if all your photos are there. You can also check and see if iCloud Photo Library is enabled in Photo settings.

The old iPhone you are seeing is the backup belonging to your old iPhone. Assuming you restored from this backup when setting up your new iPhone then you no longer need it and can delete. If you didn't restore from it, then it's possible it contains your missing photos and contacts. Unfortunately there's no way to look inside this backup file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

How is iCloud total storage only showing 1GB?
    I have 20GB and that's what it lists as the total.

My iPhone only shows 1GB total storage as well. It's a bug.

My iPhone only shows 1GB total storage as well. It's a bug.

Ok thanks. Does that mean there is nothing I can do to fix it. I've latest iOS update downloaded.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    Ok thanks. Does that mean there is nothing I can do to fix it. I've latest iOS update downloaded.
    Thanks again

Don't worry about it. It's just a display bug. You have 5GB.

Advertisement