Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos and iCloud Drive Question

• 24-06-2015 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

First of all apologies if this is the millionth time this is asked, i did search but maybe i am just crap at the search function as i could not find an answer.

I recently bought a mac, i had tonnes of photos saved to an external drive from previous holidays. I copied this photos folder to the iCloud Drive location in finder.

My question is, why cant i see these photos in the photos app on my iphone? Or is this just me using this wrong? I just assumed once up in the cloud my photos app would show all my different holiday folders?

Anyone any advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Unless you add them to photo stream I don't think you can view them on the phone. There's an option in iOS 9 to see everything in iCloud Drive. I presume you could see them there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iCloud Drive is for documents. iCloud Photo Library is for photos. They are both different parts of iCloud. You can store photos in iCloud Drive if you want but you won’t be able to access them from the Photos app. For that you’ll need to enable to enable iCloud Photo Library and import the photos into the Photos app.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204264

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Ah ok thanks lads, guess i assumed it would just be like drop box, il look into the link above also for how to import them.

Cheers!

Advertisement