Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84 Reroute

Options
  • 24-06-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

The thought came to me the other day, would it make more sense for the 84 to go to Dundrum rather than to Blackrock, since Blackrock is already accessible by DART, where as Dundrum would be a "better" location for the 84 to go to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

SimonFM wrote: »
    The thought came to me the other day, would it make more sense for the 84 to go to Dundrum rather than to Blackrock, since Blackrock is already accessible by DART, where as Dundrum would be a "better" location for the 84 to go to?

Sounds like a great idea, maybe it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It couldn't be any worse than sending empty buses to Blackrock all day. Alternatively, maybe they should just run it between Newcastle and Bray every 30 minutes. If they coordinated it with the 184 timetable, they could ensure that there's a bus between Greystones and Bray every 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

RayM wrote: »
    Alternatively, maybe they should just run it between Newcastle and Bray every 30 minutes. If they coordinated it with the 184 timetable, they could ensure that there's a bus between Greystones and Bray every 15 minutes.

that was DB's original plan - would've provided a more frequent service for Kilcoole as well. However UCD students objected via the council, and they agreed to run it to UCD instead, and subsequently rerouted it to Blackrock - I believe it's used by schoolkids in the mornings. Any route to Dundrum would probably be very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

It might be slow, but would it be put to better use?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

And the bus by nature will always be slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Maybe just running it to Cherrywood to hook up with the Luas rather than going all the way to Dundrum?

I agree that running it to Blackrock is a bit of a waste as is running to the station in Bray, so avoid that loop and run is straight through the main street instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Would be great to have a hourly shuttle to the Luas in Cherrywood that didn't zig zag around Bray! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Eponymous wrote: »
    Maybe just running it to Cherrywood to hook up with the Luas rather than going all the way to Dundrum?

Nope. No good. Already been tried There's hardly anyone at the Cherrywood stops and there is an additional 5 minute walk to the LUAS.

I'm personally in favour of it going back to the city centre. From what I'm seeing at the moment the increase in passenger traffic at the moment would certainly seemed to justify it.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

loyatemu wrote: »
    that was DB's original plan - would've provided a more frequent service for Kilcoole as well. However UCD students objected via the council, and they agreed to run it to UCD instead, and subsequently rerouted it to Blackrock - I believe it's used by schoolkids in the mornings. Any route to Dundrum would probably be very slow.

yes probably. One solution as far as I can see would be to have the 84A running between Newcastle and UCD during the college term instead.:)

Advertisement