Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The thirsty scholer

Options
  • 25-06-2015 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been in there yet ??

I have not yet but I get a kind of Geoff's type vibe from it where it would be full of high class , snobby type people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Was in there Sunday last - pints were good, bar staff were nice, crowd was mixed, was busy without being mobbed.

I'll go back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

geoffs? high class? snobbey? Town has changed :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

PTH2009 wrote: »

I have not yet but I get a kind of Geoff's type vibe from it where it would be full of high class , snobby type people.

Geoffs is hardly full of high class snobby people...
    Bar staff can be tough going though I will say that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

In there last week. Good spot, great beers and no snobbery. Not sure where your getting that from

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

PTH2009 wrote: »

Chip on shoulder?
    I wonder what criteria for snobby is?
    High class too? Surely high class of anything is better than low class?I. Like nice food and beer,I guess I'm snobby high class,I better tell my friends the news....in geoffs of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I've been in both in the last week. Nice people and nice beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

fricatus wrote: »
    Where is it?

Where Baker Street used to be... Down from the Woodman on the same side

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Is it the same owners as before? Or is there a new player in town?

With a name like 'the thirsty scholar' it would sound like it is aimed at the student market.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Its a nice spot, not much different from the Front Lounge, a lick of paint and a few new wall decorations. They are doing some craft beers and didnt have Heineken available on draught which is a little odd but there you go.

I was in there Saturday night a few weeks ago and they had 2 DJ's playing a bit of house music.

I like the place and always good to see a place re-open. Definitely not Front Lounge people running this place now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

You're some scholer yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

Was down there last Saturday night... not much done cosmetically but what they did do was nice.
    Nice crowd and the music was good.
    I will be back and probably head here (once a late bar is sorted) instead of shortts as they seem to have lost the run of themselves up there......major price hikes....cheap vodka and cheap red bull!!!! don't mind paying for drink but if i am paying premium prices i expect at least quality products :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Its a nice spot, not much different from the Front Lounge, a lick of paint and a few new wall decorations. They are doing some craft beers and didnt have Heineken available on draught which is a little odd but there you go.

I was in there Saturday night a few weeks ago and they had 2 DJ's playing a bit of house music.

I like the place and always good to see a place re-open. Definitely not Front Lounge people running this place now.

They had Heineken on draught about 3 weeks ago but it was gone the following week when I went in. Nice spot with decent music and staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Spadzy wrote: »
    Was down there last Saturday night... not much done cosmetically but what they did do was nice.
    Nice crowd and the music was good.
    I will be back and probably head here (once a late bar is sorted) instead of shortts as they seem to have lost the run of themselves up there......major price hikes....cheap vodka and cheap red bull!!!! don't mind paying for drink but if i am paying premium prices i expect at least quality products :-(
    that will prob because fella that used run the place has moved to running the foundry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

ec18 wrote: »
    geoffs? high class? snobbey? Town has changed :P

+1 :D:D:D

I've never seen the attraction that some people have for Geoffs. It's never had any appeal to me from when I first went there back in the late 80's and on the few occasions I've been in company that went there my opinion hasn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

deisemum wrote: »
    +1 :D:D:D

I've never seen the attraction that some people have for Geoffs. It's never had any appeal to me from when I first went there back in the late 80's and on the few occasions I've been in company that went there my opinion hasn't changed.

I like Geoff's and have been there fairly regularly and those are two words i'd never associate with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What beers have they on draught?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Estrella, hop house 13 and all the other usual stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

AdMMM wrote: »
    What beers have they on draught?

Franciscan Well Chieftain IPA... I can taste it's loveliness as I type

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MoreSunshine!

Geoff's has a high class crowd now? I must be the exception then. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement