Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some hops for photo shoot

Options
  • 25-06-2015 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am trying to get my hands on some hops for a photo shoot I am doing for a craft brewery. I have no idea where to turn, any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ask the brewery, they should have some - unless they are making Irish Red Ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

michaelm wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am trying to get my hands on some hops for a photo shoot I am doing for a craft brewery. I have no idea where to turn, any advice appreciated.

You have asked the brewery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Real Answer, The Mottly Brew sells hops, shop in Glasnevin, Dublin.

Unless, are you looking for a hop plant?

I know some guys over on the National Homebrew Club Forum have been cultivating hop plants, so have a mooch around there and see if anyone can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

symbolic wrote: »
    You have asked the brewery?

I am looking for the plants - not the parts the brewery use, which come in vacuum packed bags. To put in context I am also using sheaves of barley, rather than just the grain. I want to portray the natural products and show them in their original state. Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,381 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I suspect its a bit early in the year for hops in full flower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Homebrewing - the lads here may be able to help you better than just us lads who quaff it. ;)

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

michaelm wrote: »
    I am looking for the plants - not the parts the brewery use, which come in vacuum packed bags. To put in context I am also using sheaves of barley, rather than just the grain. I want to portray the natural products and show them in their original state. Thanks for replies.

Maybe http://www.thesecretgardener.com/5724/general/humulus-lupus-fuggle/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I shot some hops for an ale product earlier in the year but had to use wax hops that were made by a model maker. The were a good few years old though and then retouched to the desired colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I think 12 acres are the only Irish brewery who are growing their own hops

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

White Gypsy does, as does Wicklow Wolf. But as others have said, you're not likely to have hop flowers available to be photographed for another couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

was driving through the hop district north of Munich there a few weeks back and the hops are all just beginning to grow now.

Come Autumn the pubs are decked with fresh hop "vines" as decoration, which being harvest season is when they are available.

Advertisement