Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you brahs hit abs/core?

• 25-06-2015 7:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Rarely directly work abs on their own and just leave it to DLs and squats but wanna work on strengthening and getting the serratus and Apollo's belt especially more 'popped'

Bear in mind I don't want exercises that can negatively effect the hip flexors so don't post ones that do and if I've mentioned ones that do let me know

Ab wheels, planks (weighted) and hanging leg raises seem the best to me but I'd like a couple more decent ones to use as part of a superset basically and I'll do this at the end of my main workouts probably 2 or 3 days of the week

Anyone have opinions on results of hitting abs multiple times a week versus once a week also? The more frequent the better for them or can overtraining be an issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

When you say negatively affect hip flexors, do you mean make them tighter? If so, hanging leg raises seem like a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I do lots of V-ups. Not sure if those are negative effecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Alzo90

For the Serratus Anterior you could do dumbell pullovers (low weight x high reps).

For the frequency to stimulate growth and strength it depends on your split and goals. Maybe at the end of your squat and deadlift workouts. You probably won't overtrain, just under recover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

High planks with opposite arm/leg outstretched,
    Heavy DB side bends,
    Side Planks with 1 leg raised,
    Dragon flags maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

body tech abs belt :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Heavy hammer curls. A bunch of sets 4-6 reps. Helps you learn to be solid all around your middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

body tech abs belt :cool:

..the great thing about this is that I can even work out my abs at work

(I am a waiter, a lot of people order soup)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Like every other muscle you need to be gaining 'weight' if you want them to grow.

Single arm Dumbbell OHP is good for working the core

Advertisement