Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RARE Replay

• 25-06-2015 9:14am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this one, seems like the tipping point for me to invest in the XB1 at last, though I will wait for a filthy cheap one to pop up.
    The rerelease at last of my favourite Rare title Blast corps in this collection is what has done it.
    Seems like an awfully good value collection, given Nintendo would have charged a considerable sum per game for the same lineup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would have loved if all Donkey Kong Country games were in the collection as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Depends how good the emulation is. I'd like if they went to M2 for this but most western companies cheap out with the likes of Digital Eclipse although I hear they have gotten better and the new Megaman collection is a thing of beauty. Hopefully they go with a good partner and we get a 'Criterion collection' level of love poured into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The level of value is just silly here. Kinda bums me out that the closest thing, for me, the XBone's got for a draw is a collection of decade+ old dealies, but feck it, absolutely delicious bargain for owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Cool collection and great value alright, would make an excellent humble bundle.

Pretty poor for XBOne though, if it best offerings are this vintage collection and backward compatibly, could be worse though like a 'master race gamer' trying to play Batman :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know about it being a bit sad that the best excuse to buy a next gen console is the old gen rerelease.
    But it was the same, for me at least, with the PS3, it was only with the release of ICO/SotC HD pack that I wanted the console, remembering just how awful the first year or so were on that machine.
    Hopefully, once I have an XB1, the games will come, Halo 5 at least is on the way and Forza Horizon 2 is out there too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lest we forget, the only reason to buy a 3DS for the first 18 months of its life was the 3D OoT (a 20 year old game at the time!)

Myrddin wrote: »
    Lest we forget, the only reason to buy a 3DS for the first 18 months of its life was the 3D OoT (a 20 year old game at the time!)

I've still not found a reason to buy one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Related to what CUP Podcast were going on last week, it's actually bit of a retro-ception, in terms of it harkening back to the PS2 era of "here's our back catalogue on a single disc" , like Taito Collection, before digital distribution became a thing and it all became individual releases at a hearty premium. This, coupled with Megaman Legacy Collection has me wondering if there's a-change a comin'.

Will the Megaman collection be a physical release ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Will the Megaman collection be a physical release ?

Don't know but my NTSC PS2 Megaman and Megaman X Collections are just fine, don't see any need to buy them again, unless I pick up the originals.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't know but my NTSC PS2 Megaman and Megaman X Collections are just fine, don't see any need to buy them again, unless I pick up the originals.

But you're supposed to buy them. That's how the new gaming world works, repackage old stuff for new shiny hardware and have us mugs buy it all over again. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Those collections are awful. They cut out most of the story scenes from the games and the endings, emulation is sub par and most heinous of all they reversed the buttons from the original NES days and there's no option reconfigure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Queue the Megaman and Megaman X Collections hitting the marketplace....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

When I saw this I had to pick myself off the floor, as strangely enough I had asked Major Nelson about a release of all the Ultimate play the game games from the spectrum, as I had already purchased Jetpac for my 360.

Which works perfectly on my xbox one. BC is great to have as well..... I was running out of space on my 360 so I will be able to install them on the Xbox one.

Ciderman as you know the best excuse to buy the xbox one was The Halo collection. Then there will be the Gears of war remaster as well.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Queue the Megaman and Megaman X Collections hitting the marketplace....

No, he's simply mistaken, and the button reversal isn't such a big deal seeing as I didn't play too much of them on the original format anyway.
    Both are well reviewed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Do we know which version of conker this will have? The uncensored original or the Xbox remake with XBL multiplayer?

No, he's simply mistaken, and the button reversal isn't such a big deal seeing as I didn't play too much of them on the original format anyway.
    Both are well reviewed too.

The button reversal means that the button layout is completely different from 99% of all NES games which is fecking annoying when you've played a lot of NES games. They reviewed well at the time but that was before people expected good emulation and the complete removal of scenes from each game is ridiculous.

Advertisement