Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva seating

Options
  • 25-06-2015 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm in the process of buying tickets for AC/DC in the Aviva next week. The consensus is that premium seats offer the best view, and in the west or east stand as you're closer to the stage, but what are seats in the lower level like? In particular those with a restricted vie Any advice would be great, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You might be better off posting this in the Gigs and Events thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

If there is on-pitch seating then that could be an issue if you are in the lower stand, particularly towards the front as the front rows are below pitch level

is the stage at the North Stand end?

I'd say while you are a bit away, the South stand premium would be good as you are looking straight at the stage as opposed to at an angle

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭black_magic

Riskymove wrote: »
    If there is on-pitch seating then that could be an issue if you are in the lower stand, particularly towards the front as the front rows are below pitch level

is the stage at the North Stand end?

I'd say while you are a bit away, the South stand premium would be good as you are looking straight at the stage as opposed to at an angle

Yes, the stage is at the North stand end. I would have thought that the south stand is too far away from the stage, so you'd be far better off getting pitch tickets? I don't think being at an angle is a problem, as everyone can just turn to face the stage? But I've never been so I'm just guessing. Would be interested to hear from anybody who has had seats on the south stand, or anywhere else in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Yes, the stage is at the North stand end. I would have thought that the south stand is too far away from the stage, so you'd be far better off getting pitch tickets? I don't think being at an angle is a problem, as everyone can just turn to face the stage? But I've never been so I'm just guessing. Would be interested to hear from anybody who has had seats on the south stand, or anywhere else in the Aviva.

well obviously pitch is closer

in the stands the seats are designed for people looking at the pitch.

While everyone will turn at angle, it isn't always comfortable to sit that way for a couple of hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is the view from the south stand not slightly impeded by the sound/lighting desk in the middle of the pitch,

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,842 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The lower deck of Landsdowne Road is pretty shallow.

The best seats in the house is the lower half of the upper deck.

Advertisement