Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dynasty start up

Options
  • 25-06-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭

I am starting up a new dynasty league over the next few days. I am hoping for a 16 team league and have most of the lads but need a few more.

It will be just offensive players, k and dst. Standard scoring. After this the details will be ironed out once we have the 16. The 16 will be selected on friday and we will have a week to hash out the details and pay our fees before the draft process will begin the following Friday.

It is going to be a paid league. €20 per season with next season paid up front. 100% of the entry fee will go to the prize pool. The advanced payment will be returned if you decide to leave the league at the end of a season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Who is collecting the money, what assurances do we have that the money will be paid out at the end of the season?

I'm in provided we can be sure about the person holding the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Who is collecting the money, what assurances do we have that the money will be paid out at the end of the season?

I'm in provided we can be sure about the person holding the money.

I will be. Have been active here for a long time and am also current chairman and former treasurer of the Galway football team. I have advertised this through the team also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I love dynasty but no interest in paid leagues. Conflicted.

Tristram wrote: »
    I love dynasty but no interest in paid leagues. Conflicted.

Lol... my first and prob only paid one. I thought it would add something different to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'm up for it. I don't mind paying a season up front either, I'm just confused as to why, especially if people can just ask for it back.

• Advertisement

I think there are a couple of reasons behind it. One is it pretty much guarantees that the prize fund is there every season and is an incentive to keep users active. It being there means that it is a two year commitment and a person can only ask for it back if they leave in the correct manner, ie. if the bugger off half way through a season and get kicked then it will go to the prize fund.

The second is that it also wouldn't be fair for the gm to trade away the future of the team (draft picks) and not have the fees paid. If you were to trade away a first round and second round draft pick next year on ben tate it would prove difficult to find a replacement gm, should you decide to leave.

The finer details of this will be ironed out when I have everyone added to a facebook group (can make suggestions on the league as a whole to me if you don't have one and I can relay them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Never considered the draft picks thing. Sounds good, I'd like to join if you have room.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SFG

would be interested. Think that having to pay next season upfront if you want to trade future picks is a better idea

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

I'd be very interested in taking part if there's room?

Sorry guys just finishing the draft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

gufc21 wrote: »
    Sorry guys just finishing the draft

That's a pity .... I've always wanted to give a dynasty draft a go

Advertisement