Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This day 25 years ago...'A nation holds its breath...'

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

RikkFlair wrote: »
    I'm still missing just one sticker from that collection. Any spares? :p

It took me ages to get my last one, Ruben Dario Hernandez from Colombia!
    Had to pay some young fella about 3 years behind me in school 20p for it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

eagle eye wrote: »
    '94 was pretty special too. The Ray Houghton goal and the performance of Paul McGrath in Giant's stadium and beating the Italians who had ended our dream four years earlier was a pretty special time.

We were a little disappointed to go out so easily to the Dutch but we all knew that we were up against a top team who had won the Euros in '88 and got beaten in a penalty shootout in the Euros in '92.

Yes it was memorable, beating Italy was anyway, but the overall 'occasion' was not as spontaneous as Italia '90.

The was almost as if the 'bandwagon' had been prepared in advance.
    In the media radio and TV shows that were not football or even sport related already had everything in place to make as big a deal of this as possible, the people were almost 'on stand by' to go out an celebrate this great occasion

And in the end it fell flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

yeah good times - we actually played our best game against the Italians - better goalkeeping and Scilachi wouldn't have scored

Advertisement