Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When might we know which games are televised?

• 25-06-2015 2:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Naively booked flights, hotels etc for Liverpool vs Villa on Saturday the 26th of September. Only afterwards did a more savvy mate point out that those dates are subject to change, based upon which games are snapped up by Sky, BT etc.

Any insights? I'm half-panicking here!

Thanks,
    Dub

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

August and September games were supposed to be announced yesterday but never were. Hopefully they'll be announced over the next day or two.

The following is an estimate I've seen floating around the net, no idea if it's accurate:

October/November: July 6th
    December: September 17th
    January: October 19th
    February: November 17th
    March: January 5th
    April: February 3rd
    May: March 23rd

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Paully D wrote: »
    August and September games were supposed to be announced yesterday but never were. Hopefully they'll be announced over the next day or two.

The following is an estimate I've seen floating around the net, no idea if it's accurate:

October/November: July 6th
    December: September 17th
    January: October 19th
    February: November 17th
    March: January 5th
    April: February 3rd
    May: March 23rd

In the last few seasons, generally games from the start of the season up until the end of November were annouced in late June/early July. Do you have a reason to think they will only do the first 2 months this time?

5starpool wrote: »
    In the last few seasons, generally games from the start of the season up until the end of November were annouced in late June/early July. Do you have a reason to think they will only do the first 2 months this time?

No reason at all mate. I just saw the list crop up on a number of different sites (club forums etc) when I was searching myself a week or so ago so thought I'd copy it over. It could be miles off to be honest, I can't vouch for it at all.

Though if they are doing it in monthly blocks I'd imagine it's because they were stuck with a lot of meaningless games towards the end of last season. It would give them a lot more flexibility to ensure they're always showing games that have something at stake.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No reason at all mate. I just saw the list crop up on a number of different sites (club forums etc) when I was searching myself a week or so ago so thought I'd copy it over. It could be miles off to be honest, I can't vouch for it at all.

Though if they are doing it in monthly blocks I'd imagine it's because they were stuck with a lot of meaningless games towards the end of last season. It would give them a lot more flexibility to ensure they're always showing games that have something at stake.

Generally they do 4 months up front to the end of November, then 2 months to cover Dec/Jan and then each month after than done on it's own I think which helps them show more important games later on.

None of that helps the OP though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You are looking at July 7th at latest, needs to be then other wise they are cutting it pretty fine regarding the start of the season and giving people notice.

Games announced now are usually until the last game week in November as it they can be sure no replays are needed in any comps being played.

The Man Utd V Chelsea game at Christmas time will be on BT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

OP, I hope this might bring you a small bit of comfort, even if it is speculative.

With Liverpool confirmed for the Europa League group stage, and the Thursday night action that brings, it means that the PL fixtures for the weekends of 19/20 Sept, 3/4 Oct, 24/25 Oct, 7/8 Nov, 28/29 Nov and 12/13 Dec will definitely be on either a Sunday or Monday.

If that many of our games are moved, I'd reckon there's a good chance of them being chosen by Sky. If Sky choose most of those games, the weekends not following Europa League matches are more likely to see other clubs being shown. I know from previous years that Sky aims to show every club AT LEAST 3 times by the end of November.

Again that's no guarantee the LFC-Villa game will remain on a Saturday but my hunch is that it will :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Any idea when October fixtures are out? Over in the first week and was hoping they'd release the TV for October today too -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

dublinario wrote: »
    Hey All,

Naively booked flights, hotels etc for Liverpool vs Villa on Saturday the 26th of September. Only afterwards did a more savvy mate point out that those dates are subject to change, based upon which games are snapped up by Sky, BT etc.

Any insights? I'm half-panicking here!

Thanks,
    Dub
    Serious question; did it not occur to you at all that games are liable to be moved? I never book a flight over to see City until all TV games for that weekend are set in concrete; with match ticket, accommodation etc to be arranged as well, it's like planning a military operation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

blueser wrote: »
    Serious question; did it not occur to you at all that games are liable to be moved? I never book a flight over to see City until all TV games for that weekend are set in concrete; with match ticket, accommodation etc to be arranged as well, it's like planning a military operation!

Sometimes it's as well to take the risk with the flights. Cause they can shoot up a lot by the time it's announced.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Sometimes it's as well to take the risk with the flights. Cause they can shoot up a lot by the time it's announced.
    Fair point. But the TV fixtures were announced today and, as saturdays are the only feasible games I can get to with work commitments, I checked flights over to Manchester on the 29th of August (City are at home to Watford and it's not one of the televised games). Going from Shannon (2 hours from here) on saturday morning, back on the sunday evening; €31:98 return. Not too bad.

Fair point. But the TV fixtures were announced today and, as saturdays are the only feasible games I can get to with work commitments, I checked flights over to Manchester on the 29th of August (City are at home to Watford and it's not one of the televised games). Going from Shannon (2 hours from here) on saturday morning, back on the sunday evening; €31:98 return. Not too bad.

Yeah it can work both ways, usually I think a Saturday morning flight with a Sunday night return is the safest bet. I booked Saturday morning to Tuesday night for the Villa game and look what happened!!!

Yeah it can work both ways, usually I think a Saturday morning flight with a Sunday night return is the safest bet. I booked Saturday morning to Tuesday night for the Villa game and look what happened!!!
    Gives you plenty of time to take in the delights of Liverpool!

Gives you plenty of time to take in the delights of Liverpool!

No it's villa v United. I just booked another flight on the friday

No it's villa v United. I just booked another flight on the friday
    Opps; my mistake. Guess you wouldn't be too gone on the likes of Albert Dock, Pier Head, Penny Lane and Anfield then!

;)

Opps; my mistake. Guess you wouldn't be too gone on the likes of Albert Dock, Pier Head, Penny Lane and Anfield then!

;)

Bit out of the way for my trip!!! Maybe another time!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

No! Total rookie mistake by me. Haven't been over in so long that I'd forgotten all the nuance of how to organise one of these trips. Was planking myself when better-knowing friends pointed out my rookie-ness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

Hey, belated thanks to everybody who commented. I didn't realise all these replies were here (does Boards stop tipping you off with emails after the first couple?).

Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hoping they announce the October games soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any one know what games setanta are showing this season?

• Advertisement
Advertisement