Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Clothes Dryer

• 25-06-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Would anyone have a contact number for any person that would call to a house to repair a Whirlpool clothes dryer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

What's wrong with it? If it runs but doesn't generate heat, its probably the solenide, easy enough change with the help of YouTube

Try John Ryan on Gerald Griffin St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thanks.

Its a Whirlpool awz 7303

There is heat generated but the clothes barrel is not rotating.

Housemate had a look at it and claims that its the capacitor connected to the motor needs to be replaced.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Thanks.

Its a Whirlpool awz 7303

There is heat generated but the clothes barrel is not rotating.

Housemate had a look at it and claims that its the capacitor connected to the motor needs to be replaced.

A simple and cheap job if the capacitor is easily accessible. Should be as simple as pulling off the old capacitor and pushing on a new one....if its easy to get at of course

A simple and cheap job if the capacitor is easily accessible. Should be as simple as pulling off the old capacitor and pushing on a new one....if its easy to get at of course

Ah cheers. Housemate opened up the back but I think the capacitor was either at an awkward position or didn't bother as he didn't have any.

Would John Ryan sell them?

YFlyer wrote: »
    Ah cheers. Housemate opened up the back but I think the capacitor was either at an awkward position or didn't bother as he didn't have any.

Would John Ryan sell them?

He should. The motor could be in a housing too making it awkward to get at. I find that some newer appliances are designed so that the likes of me and you can't feck around with them without putting up a fight. I remember I was going to tackle a bearing in my mothers washing machine. Taking the engine out of my car would have been easier :pac:

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Will ask the housemate in the morning will we attempt to replace the capacitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Try searching YouTube for the capacitor location on that particular model first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

What's gone on it is the internal belt that rotates the drum.

You'll need a few spanners to get the back of it off if you don't have them

already. It can be a little frustrating fitting the belt!

What's gone on it is the internal belt that rotates the drum.

You'll need a few spanners to get the back of it off if you don't have them

already. It can be a little frustrating fitting the belt!

Cheers for that. I'll check it out.

The drum does manage to rotate at times for a few seconds to less than a minute.

Advertisement