Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelf Life testing and nutrition analysis

Options
  • 25-06-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Not sure if I am posting this thread in the right place. I am in the middle of setting up a small food business, where I would like to sell through the farmers market at weekend. However, I would like to have a complete packaging done before I launch. Labelling requirement is giving me a headache, can anyone give me some good recommendations on which lab in Ireland can do the shelf life testing and nutrition analysis at a relatively low costs?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

crazystone wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure if I am posting this thread in the right place. I am in the middle of setting up a small food business, where I would like to sell through the farmers market at weekend. However, I would like to have a complete packaging done before I launch. Labelling requirement is giving me a headache, can anyone give me some good recommendations on which lab in Ireland can do the shelf life testing and nutrition analysis at a relatively low costs?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    ALT in Newbridge http://www.altesting.ie/ is pretty good and competitive price wise. Group 2 nutritional testing is expensive relative to shelf life testing (roughly €200 vs €40 per product/test). It is worth spending a few quid getting this done as incorrect information on food labels could prove very costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Check your local enterprise board as they issue innovation stamps (unfortunately at a very random frequency) which you can use to get shelf life testing done for free or at least at a much reduced price

• Registered Users Posts: 2 crazystone

Thanks for the great reply. I am working on requesting quotes from them now.

Advertisement