Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I check if there is a phone line to a house?

Options
  • 25-06-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Just wondering where do I check if there is a phone line to a house? Presume Eircom can tell me if a line was ever activated? Also, if none how long does it take to install one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

yobr wrote: »
    Just wondering where do I check if there is a phone line to a house? Presume Eircom can tell me if a line was ever activated? Also, if none how long does it take to install one?
    I can check this for you if you would like to PM me the specific address?

If there was never a line or the line has been damaged since last active it can take up to 10 working days for installation by engineer.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

If there was never a line or the line has been damaged since last active it can take up to 10 working days for installation by engineer.

Cheers
    Al
    Al,

Sent you a pm with further address details, any luck?

Just wondering where do I check if there is a phone line to a house? Presume Eircom can tell me if a line was ever activated? Also, if none how long does it take to install one?

Cheers
    Al
    Al,

Hi yobr

Apologies for the delays,

Yes there was a line there - previously active in may.

It would only take up to 24hrs to reactivate the line however if there has been any damage done to the line or socket it may require an engineer to complete the re-activation which has an average timeframe of 10 working days

If you are interested in re-activating this line please contact my colleagues in eircoms sales team on free phone 1800503303 or chat with them online via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Cheers
    Al

Just wondering where do I check if there is a phone line to a house? Presume Eircom can tell me if a line was ever activated? Also, if none how long does it take to install one?

Cheers
    Al
    Al,

Hi yobr

Apologies for the delays,

Yes there was a line there - previously active in may.

It would only take up to 24hrs to reactivate the line however if there has been any damage done to the line or socket it may require an engineer to complete the re-activation which has an average timeframe of 10 working days

If you are interested in re-activating this line please contact my colleagues in eircoms sales team on free phone 1800503303 or chat with them online via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Cheers
    Al
    Is it possible that you can pm me the old number at this property?

Yes of course :)

Al

• Advertisement

Al

sent you another query by pm.

Thanks

Al

sent you another query by pm.